Holland and Holland video

wisdom

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 13:40, Gunman said:

Dont believe every thing you see , I wont give away trade secrets but you only get to see what they want you to . There's a lot you dont see of modern manufacturing employed by H& as with Purdey  .I say no more .

;)

Thanks for posting. Brings back a lot of memories. This must be one of the newer films. The only ones I remember are Jason Schofield (stocker) and Alan ..... (the engraver) both absolute masters. I ran the barrel shop in the mid to late 90's and I can honestly say that barrel making has never changed. We still make barrels almost like they did a hundred years ago. 

I would very much love to own a new pair of Holland and Hollands. I know that the craftsmanship is still number one in all the peoples hearts who work there. 

A quote by Gough Thomas  'Functional beauty is no mere whimsy..... but the last refinement of efficiency'.

Now there was a gentleman who knew a thing or two about shotguns and had a delightful command of the english language. I still browse his books; and wish my purse was deep enough to purchase his Henry Atkin which I saw was up for sale again recently

Edited by JJsDad
Italics to quote