Seeland Trouser Recommendations

OddJob

I'm looking for some hard wearing trousers for keepering and beating. Seeland look on price point but they have a vast variety with little description of the differences. The keeper and marsh trousers look close, anyone had experience of either/what the difference is or their suitability for the task? Need to be waterproof, rip resistant etc. 

22 hours ago, fruity said:

I have the seeland keeper trousers and jacket , they are both good for keeping me dry/warm and I think good value for Money 

Are the keeper trousers hard wearing and rip proof? Fully water proof? 

7 hours ago, WinchesterDave said:

I use the Seeland Marsh trousers. Very good quality and ive kept very warm and dry. 

I've seen these, they seem quite thick/heavy. Are they too thick at times or quite supple? 

Thanks for the input. 

4 hours ago, Cawdor118 said:

My Sealand trousers ripped at the crutch on my first wear. Lost my receipt so ended up with the insides fallen to bits. 

Mine did the same, but after a bit longer, a year or so. I decided to bite the bullet, and bought Harkila. Totally different quality level, although the Pro Hunter is heavier and a bit extreme sometimes.

6 hours ago, OddJob said:

Are the keeper trousers hard wearing and rip proof? Fully water proof? 

I've seen these, they seem quite thick/heavy. Are they too thick at times or quite supple? 

Thanks for the input. 

They are relatively thick I suppose...but I dont think theyre that thick that they become too much, no. They have kept me warm and dry on both shoot days and when im beating. 

Dave 

I have been using the Marsh trousers for the past three Pheasant seasons, yes they can get warm but so far have been very hard wearing. I work in most of the cover with my dogs and the trousers have been very good. I am thinking of buying a new pair for next year. The knee flaps that go over the top of your wellies work well at stopping twigs and **** working it’s way into your boots, plus they keep the rain out.

They are pretty much thorn proof and stop Gorse needles, they Have one or two small holes from barbed wire but the material is rip stop so it is just puncture holes. I also got Marsh coat which has been equally as good, there is many more years use in that.

i hope this helps make up your mind.

regards Steve

9 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Bother Iv found with a lot of these sites, and army surplus ones too - they don't tell you inside leg length.

Puts me off buying a lot of stuff, because I need a 33"-34"

You are right, i find a phone call to confirm size very useful 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:39, chrisv said:

Mine did the same, but after a bit longer, a year or so. I decided to bite the bullet, and bought Harkila. Totally different quality level, although the Pro Hunter is heavier and a bit extreme sometimes.

+1