Diamond shot

At the current cost of cartridges, I thought they ALL had 'diamond shot'.

As far as I am aware, the 'diamond shot' was a Gamebore gimmick, used in their 'Blue Diamond' range. It is supposed to be harder than the average lead shot. I have used some in the past, but as I could not see any significant difference compared to any other cartridges, I just went back to using the cheapest I could find at the time.

Never looked at the pigeon carts, I  did look at the shot in the  clay carts and black gold game the shot in both was very good. Reason I looked I wasn’t sure they would use the same diamond shot in the cheap clay carts but it didn’t look any poorer. 

Wonder if you got a bad batch. 

5 minutes ago, figgy said:

Never looked at the pigeon carts, I  did look at the shot in the  clay carts and black gold game the shot in both was very good. Reason I looked I wasn’t sure they would use the same diamond shot in the cheap clay carts but it didn’t look any poorer. 

Wonder if you got a bad batch. 

Ive just cut one open to be sure - they aren't round, they appear to have flat areas all round the shot, even on galss they roll around funny. 

Most people seem to think that shot to pattern well needs to be perfectly spherical.Have you ever seen heavy shot ?. Winchester made a cartridge years ago called trap200 a premium trap cartridge.the shot was anything but round. Going back years ago Game bore sold shot from Russia it was all shapes and sizes Thinking it would be rubbish I patterns some it shot the tightest patterns I've ever seen with small shot.Dipper

8 hours ago, sitsinhedges said:

A Fool and his money, lol.

32 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Just another sales gimmick to charge an extra £70/1000 from Gamebore and i guess the same with Eley with copper coated shot 

You old cynics you. 

The manufacturers invest large sums of money and time on developments like this, its often back up by much testing and analysing followed by developmental reports....... ballistics like everything - has to evolve. 

But hey- to some folk the world's still flat, americas still at war with vietnam and hovis is still delivered by bicycle :lol:

2 hours ago, figgy said:

The perfect shape for shot is a tear drop shape, supposed to fly more true. 

:good:

59 minutes ago, ag12g said:

hi all,

if its critical that the shot has to perfectly round why does a golf ball have dimples..

Sound aerodynamic principles. If you wanted to pay for it then shot could also be made the same. The dimples achieve the same objective as Figgy's shape but make it easier to putt the ball. :innocent: