Muck boots or Skee Tex ?.

samboy

I’ve had a pair of muck boots for the last 2 seasons and they’ve started to fall apart now, splitting where the seams are bonded. Though they were very warm and toasty in cold weather and quite durable but I had a blackthorn go through the neoprene upper on the second outing. The wife has got me a pair of Le Chameau Vierzonord extreme for Christmas, I hate cold feet on the peg so hoping these will fit the bill. 

Short neoprene boots are a health hazard.....I had a pair of muck boots and while stepping into the boat, water went over the top of the boots.

The result was that the neoprene section vacuumed , causing my lower leg complete stoppage of blood , and severe pain.

The boots had to be cut off with a knife , never again, best advice stick to good old wellingtons or upmarket shooting boots, that have stood the test of time

No1 ghillie

On 11/12/2017 at 21:35, psycho said:

Grub snow line  8.5 great for minus 40 best warm wellies ever with vibram soles for walking

You can stand in 8 inches of freezing mud at minus 6 and still feel warm in thease boots...i did last night ..wish they made gloves as good

https://www.grubsbootsonline.co.uk/grubs-snowline-8-5-boots-green

I followed up on Grubs after reading psycho’s post yesterday as my feet have been getting ‘kin cold sitting up high seats waiting for foxy recently.....

Ended up with a pair of the Eskline 8.5’s as the rubber goes higher up the leg than the snow line (same insulation at -40 though) although the tread pattern is different and not Vibram.

Cheapest I found were buywelliesonline who are the same company as internetgardener but a bit cheaper.

https://www.buywelliesonline.co.uk/CategoryView.aspx?search=Grubs

Due to here tomorrow by next day post.....I’ll let you know.

Cheers

Fizz

8 hours ago, fizzbangwhallop said:

I followed up on Grubs after reading psycho’s post yesterday as my feet have been getting ‘kin cold sitting up high seats waiting for foxy recently.....

Ended up with a pair of the Eskline 8.5’s as the rubber goes higher up the leg than the snow line (same insulation at -40 though) although the tread pattern is different and not Vibram.

Cheapest I found were buywelliesonline who are the same company as internetgardener but a bit cheaper.

https://www.buywelliesonline.co.uk/CategoryView.aspx?search=Grubs

Due to here tomorrow by next day post.....I’ll let you know.

Cheers

Fizz

You will not be disapointed.i will be out tomorrow with mine and the lad i go out with wears them as well

the only downside of the 8.5 is they are too hot from april so i change into normal lace boots ...they are then washed and put away till the winter..

The best warmest wellies i have ever had the pleasure to wear