A little local difficulty.

JDog

Driving around minding my own business yesterday and tootling along at 10 mph on a minor road I know well I was suddenly smashed into head on by a driver doing at least three times the speed he should have been doing on my side of the road. He had skidded straight on at the corner as the photo showed. His first words were '50:50?', not 'How are you and sorry for that'. 'You must be kidding' I told him, 'the fault was entirely yours and this is an opportunity to be responsible for your actions'. He has denied liability through his insurers. My car's engine bay is smashed up to pieces.

DSC07847.jpg

12 minutes ago, aga man said:

What an idiot and a total inconvenience to you. Shame about your car, smart looking vehicle that.

Ultimately you are safe and well which is the main thing.

That sums it up nicely aga man , living in the sticks , as long as I wasn't injured,  I would find the inconvenience of being without a motor the most annoying bit , why people don't drive to the road conditions I will never know . Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction Mr JDog.

Simply sit back and give your insurers as much as you have.  It helps if you were stationary at the time of impact.  

The downside is the scroat may well get 50:50 as it’s a country lane and proving anything else may well cost your insurer more than they want to pay.  At that point you just have to stay calm...

Great picture. In my day he would be visiting Magistrates Court, unfortunately Plod today is too busy chasing kiddy fiddlers and ticking boxes and the like to turn out to an accident.  That picture is spot on. Enlarging the picture you can clearly see the frozen snow/mud knocked from your rear wheel arch on impact, fully covering your statement that you were stationary when he hit you.  He should be done for careless driving at least, slippery road or no slippery road.  Be interesting to potter along to your local police station and present that photo and suggest they do that. See what they say.

Glad your ok ,now nail him to a tree .Got taken out by an uninsured unregistered car that drove off so ambulance to hospital 9 days off work spine and neck injuries and now about £1200 out of pocket.Your photo shows how much at fault he is ,J/D stand your corner he doesnt deserve to get away with such bad driving which could have seriously injured you and yours atb