stolen pets

itchy trigger

when I lived in up north, I was told by a lad I fished with,  he  lived in what was a mining town, that this happened, I am sure he was a reliable source,

(in fact  when I was in hospital in Manchester there was a Salford lad in the same time as me who fitted out pubs, he said it was the roughest town he had ever been, Ordsal, Salford when the docks existed was rough)

Local travellers tried taking a friends doog whilst they were in!! One knocked on front door to distract the other got into back garden but dog was inside. She clocked him in back garden and luckily was able to shut the other guy out the house. 

So yes it does happen, same with horses getting tagged to be stolen. 

Edited by ShootingEgg

27 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Local travellers tried taking a friends doog whilst they were in!! One knocked on front door to distract the other got into back garden but dog was inside. She clocked him in back garden and luckily was able to shut the other guy out the house. 

So yes it does happen, same with horses getting tagged to be stolen. 

Ai they might do but does that mean they’re being used as bait dogs? 

Especially these bloody designer dogs now, they’re worth a few quid - know a nice cockerpoo if your interested btw ... 

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Ai they might do but does that mean they’re being used as bait dogs? 

Especially these bloody designer dogs now, they’re worth a few quid - know a nice cockerpoo if your interested btw ... 

Short answer, YES. 

Some dogs will be stolen to breed, but most will be thrown into a put to "fight". But will just get ripped to pieces. 

Edited by ShootingEgg

1 hour ago, Grandalf said:

No deterrents these days.   We have become a soft society so the animal world suffers.

And that's the very reason why we are in such a bad place nowadays. Far too many people for far too long are insisting that punishment doesnt work.The days are long gone when you had some fear of reprisals if you got caught doing something wrong. I remember the days of the cane across your backside or across an open hand as punishment. Seeing a Bobby's on the beat as a kid and thinking we had to walk in a straight line or get arrested.

The foundations of simple rights and wrongs. 

Unfortunately they don't exist anymore. 

16 hours ago, itchy trigger said:

when I lived in up north, I was told by a lad I fished with,  he  lived in what was a mining town, that this happened, I am sure he was a reliable source,

(in fact  when I was in hospital in Manchester there was a Salford lad in the same time as me who fitted out pubs, he said it was the roughest town he had ever been, Ordsal, Salford when the docks existed was rough)

A good mate was doing up some ex council flats in Ordsal that had been derelict for a few years, several of them had rooms with blood splattered over the walls, anyway police did dna testing on it and it was all from dogs, it turned out they were filming the dog fights and selling the dvd's of the fights in the local pubs were people would bet on which dog would win. Absolute scum.

Scobydog

Personally a bit fed up with being preached at, that punishment does not work and solve the problem.

I would just like to see a bit tested against the problem to assess the proper outcome because the current situation of giving way all of the time doesn't seem to be a solution?

I read something about this a few years ago, its not about the dogs putting up a fight its training their dogs to attack on command, the sickos aren't bothered that there are people and kids going daft trying to find their pets, just another way people without morals will look to earn money.

2 minutes ago, old man said:

I would like someone to explain to me in simple terms how we have arrived here, where the only people who are influenced by our so called Justice system are the law abiding?

Probably because we have things we could loose if we fall fowl of the law, others just see it as a life style risk, few years inside maybe after third or fourth time.