Essex Masters 2018

shaun4860

I had to pull out of this years event as I was shooting in France that weekend and I couldn't get the time off work to shoot it midweek.

It was the first time I'd missed that event, always good targets and a well organised event.

My only complaints would be about the antiquated scoring system of felt tip pens on A1 paper, and that sometimes squad numbers are too high, but, all in all, it's a good event with a good balance of targets.

Am looking forward to being there next April.

Cat.

shooting on the Tuesday do both courses that day,my only criticism is some of the referees are not very consistent,some I came across were treating it as a registered and I saw a few bullied into giving targets that were clearly missed as hits,this was by AA shooters,i shoot it each year for the pleasure of the shoot,i have no chance of being on the prizes but it grates to see those who are top of the game having to cheat and the refs not strong enough to tell them to do one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/12/2017 at 05:48, beretta said:

im in this year

Long time since I saw a post from you Beretta hope your well. 

Looking like work will keep me away from the event this year. Working in Surrey and too far to travel up north to get my gear travel back down to Essex shoot and then travel back up north put gear away then back to Surrey to work. :unhappy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 22:48, figgy said:

Long time since I saw a post from you Beretta hope your well. 

Looking like work will keep me away from the event this year. Working in Surrey and too far to travel up north to get my gear travel back down to Essex shoot and then travel back up north put gear away then back to Surrey to work. 

Figgy,

I am in W Sussex dependent upon where in Surrey you are working not too far away....you are v welcome to leave your gun/equipment etc in my safe if it helps you?I am going to have another go at the Essex masters,not immediately sure which day though.Do you go home for w/ends?happily keep your gun safe etc if helps.

PS I was the fat bloke who shot this event with you 2 years ago when your North Eastern crew showed me how to shoot!!...

I remember you Dougal and as I recall you shot very well. I was pants as I chose to use some very poor inconsistent cartridges that were going pop, boom, fut. 

its a very kind offer but also getting time off work to shoot it or deciding not to go home to my family that weekend wouldn’t go down very well :no: