4x4 lease/contract hire deals?

eddoakley

Looking around at deals on a 4x4 Mrs Edd as she fancies something new.

Never leased anything although I did consider it a year or so ago.

I have seen deals on thw base model L200 or Fiat fullback from just under £200 a month for 24 months on contract hire.

From my very brief reading it looks like 3 months up front and simple 21 further payments. Milege limited to 8k. Does this seem right or am I missing something?

I know the pitfalls with damage and excess milege but she has other vehicles so won' pile on the miles, is used to driving bigger vehicles ("my" L200 and cayenne and even jumps into a van if needed with no worries at all)

£200 a month seems very reasonable if I'm not getting stung for a big bill when sending it back.

Can anyone suggest anything else for the same money with not nasty surprises?

Thanks

Edd

Just keep an eye on the extras like towbars, load bay liners and canopies as they are charged at full price and then split between the monthly payments. At the end of the term the truck has to go back with them but you dont get anything back for them. You are better buying them afterwards and removing them at the end of the term, that way you can either switch them to the new truck or get some money back by selling them on.

On 13/12/2017 at 13:22, jasper682 said:

Fiat fullback . From £159. Vansdirect. 

Saw that but it's a bit misleading

When i called they couldn't actually offer that price in any format.

Higher initial payment, any colour, any spec....they all involved extras (not including VAT too)

Best offer I have had at the moment that is actually available is a Fullback in black, base model for £1800 up front payment and £210 p/m. Would have to dig through emails to check who that's with.

Anyone know anything better?

Edd

Edit to add that it is from leasepickup.

Edited by eddoakley

Vansdirect do nothing but mislead, I found them impossible to deal with, the quotes were nowhere near the advertised deals, and when I asked them why that was, they got very prickly. I didn't get a lease in the end, but if I do in the future, I'll probably go through a main dealer when they have an offer on, and as Tom says above, don't get accessories added to your deal, as you'll pay through the nose for it. 

Are you bonkers 

lease a car for the wife 

use the deposit and buy a cheap runaround it doesn’t have to be fantastic if you’re doing less than 8k a year 

spend your savings on the lease payment on a holiday 

It’ll be a millstone round your neck keeping you on the treadmill 

remember there doing it to make money NOT save you any 

just my thoughts 

all the best 

of 

I lease a small van for work, I really like total reliability + great fuel consumption, and no running costs, in the past  Ive always run the best I could afford and suffered breakdowns and costly repair bills, which if totalled up is very close to the money you spend on a lease, and your still driving about in a piece of carp

I find the same with the big advertisers, low number to get you primed then the smack in the chops, I lease my vans from main dealers or a guy from north yorks who seems to advertise the price you pay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2017-67-Reg-Nissan-NP300-Navara-2-3dCi-Double-Cab-4WD-Pickup-Tekna-Automatic/362186832360?hash=item54540479e8:g:KEEAAOSw0bxZrvSO

He has payment examples on his page.

20 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Are you bonkers 

lease a car for the wife 

use the deposit and buy a cheap runaround it doesn’t have to be fantastic if you’re doing less than 8k a year 

spend your savings on the lease payment on a holiday 

It’ll be a millstone round your neck keeping you on the treadmill 

remember there doing it to make money NOT save you any 

just my thoughts 

all the best 

of 

We/she has other vehicles that' why the mileage will be low. Not that there's anything wrong with what she has to drive now but she likes the idea of something brand new and I'm not completely against it either.

We both work a lot (Mrs Edd currently on maternity with our 6 week old) and have come to the conclusion that we are not working to look at the bank account but to have the things we want. A 2 year lease is a relatively small commitment and not something that would stop us doing anything else like the holiday that you mention so why Not?

Believe me I am not one for having bills every month. Apart from business stuff that pays for itself I have no bills (as far as possible) so a car payment wouldn't be a millstone. But I do still wonder if even at that cost I want that bill.

"Cheap runarounds" are often a false economy. We have decent enough cars now so it's not something that we really need but that we want and we definitely work hard enough for it.

That said plans may have changed as I had some prices back yesterday on a new Ranger......

Edd

2 hours ago, eddoakley said:

We/she has other vehicles that' why the mileage will be low. Not that there's anything wrong with what she has to drive now but she likes the idea of something brand new and I'm not completely against it either.

We both work a lot (Mrs Edd currently on maternity with our 6 week old) and have come to the conclusion that we are not working to look at the bank account but to have the things we want. A 2 year lease is a relatively small commitment and not something that would stop us doing anything else like the holiday that you mention so why Not?

Believe me I am not one for having bills every month. Apart from business stuff that pays for itself I have no bills (as far as possible) so a car payment wouldn't be a millstone. But I do still wonder if even at that cost I want that bill.

"Cheap runarounds" are often a false economy. We have decent enough cars now so it's not something that we really need but that we want and we definitely work hard enough for it.

That said plans may have changed as I had some prices back yesterday on a new Ranger......

Edd

There’s some good deals if you’re a member of Basc 

wasnt wanting to stop you having a new car mate just giving you time to think £2500/£3000 a year is a lot of money for something you don’t need different things for work or it’s paying for itself 

mall the best 

of

4 hours ago, eddoakley said:

Edd

Edd, Make sure you test drive a ranger of the same spec as the one you want to lease. Some people like them (as you may) but I test drove a Ltd version which is nearly top of the range and I hated everything about it. So much so I bought a Hilux the next day. Definitely a marmite vehicle. :good:

I have a 2.2 limited auto and didnt like it at first but now done 8000 miles in 2 months and enjoy it now. Its a tad slow but i have been surprised with mpg and with road tyres the all terrain system has ploughed through some muddy fields whilst whirring away but never been stuck.