Hisense T.V.

billytheghillie

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:45, Chris B. said:

Never had the Hisense, but Richer sounds are doing a LG 49inch 4K  for £429 and that's  with 6 yrs guarantee.

I am just about to order one now.

Thanks, I seen that model Chris, but the legs at the side instead of a central stand puts me off.

We have one at work used as a monitor for site info etc and is maybe 12 months old and its broke down twice....! 

PSU replaced twice.................! 

I would take a massive swerve on Hisense. Maybe we got one that was assemble at 4.30 on a Friday afternoon but has spent more time not working than working 

The TV's marketed under that brand will be manufactured by a contract equipment manufacturer, or maybe 2 or more of them, and will use generic parts in order to get a basic specification.  It is not a designed TV as such in terms of having boards custom stuffed.

It may well work without issue or it might not.  The problem is if it doesn't work then getting spare parts will be a challenge as there will be no standard bill of material that is used.

The benefit is if the TV packs in during the retailer warranty period you will likely just get a brand new equivalent spec telly, but if you want to be able to use it for a number of years then if it breaks later in it's lifetime you are unlikely to get it repaired.

At the price though does it really matter if in 3 years if it packs in and you cannot get it repaired?

If you like the look of it and the picture is off sufficient quality to allow you to enjoy watching it then fill your boots.