a flight in febuary ( scotland)

ratty1

good evening all

im heading up north on a family holiday in feb. and i cant go all the way up there and not go for a flight. i wont have a dog with me so i cant go venturing alone. 

so is there anyone on here that i could meet up with for a flight on either the 5/6 or 7th of feb. im staying in the cairngourns for that time so im able to drive north or south to most of the major estuarys .  i will of course buy breakfast or dinner (and a bottle of the good stuff)or if you end up in devon at sometime , i can offer roe stalking or wildfowling in return  . 

i did this a few years ago with big bad lindz off of here and enjoyed a lovely flight on a northern firth 

many thanks

ross 

On 17/12/2017 at 15:22, tomquin said:

No worries. 

I had the pleasure of Nig bay a few seasons back only managed a couple of days as I had a family bereavement and had to get home, l loved it on there I will have to have another go very soon.

Edited by muncher
Spelling mistake

On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 19:22, ratty1 said:

thankyou for the replys and pms . youve all been very helpful and generous. 

nigg bay will be on my list of places to go on my next trip up north but a tad too far for me to go this time. the wife will not approve if im gone all day  

Be a man! Your wife should not dictate your sporting activity. Have had girlfriends like that and they are all now history and am free to spend my time as l wish without interference or nagging

6 hours ago, grahamch said:

Be a man! Your wife should not dictate your sporting activity. Have had girlfriends like that and they are all now history and am free to spend my time as l wish without interference or nagging

When Ross came out with me a couple of years back, he left his partner in Inverness on a cold 2nd of January and drove all the way up to Dornoch to do some `bird watching` on the shore.  I think he is man enough, the Cairngorms a wee bit further away and I think his partner is a very tolerant person, after all, it is a family break he is having so could be more than his partner involved.

Ross, as previously you would be more than welcome to come up again. I havent been down the shore much myself this season as weather, tides and work have all been wrong for me but I hope for a few outings in the next week or so. Enjoy your family break the Cairngorms in February can be great, I have been snowed in with temperatures @ -18* so don't forget your thermal long johns

Cheers,

BBL

11 hours ago, grahamch said:

my wife is very tolerant woman. im a game keeper so barely see my wife and child most of the year . so as its a family holiday it would be very selfish of me to spend our holiday apart aswel.

hello bbl .

hope you are well.were looking forward to going up north, bringing my outlaws from australia ,so hopefully plenty of snow. would love to come up again but that will have to wait for another time. i see your season is going the same as mine. ive only been out for 3 flights so far. pheasants and deer seem to keep away from the estuary these days. hopefully ile make full use of febuary and get a few flights in.  

cheers

ross