A good mornings work

So a few people have asked me for some venison for the Christmas table. I got up early this morning and decided to go and sit in one of my high seats there is still a layer of icy snow on the ground in deepest Oxfordshire so I got there about 45 minutes before first light so I could let things settle down. I saw a few muntjac and roe but it was still to dark in the woods for positive Id or safe shot. I sat and wait a bit more and spotted Charlie lurking around. The high seat I was sat in was near  one of our pheasant pen. If I see a fox I always go for him over anything else. I watch him creep through the trees by the pen waiting for a shot to present itself. The little ****** laid down under a tree waiting for the pheasants to come down from roost. The only breakfast he was getting today was 100gn SP. after that he wasn’t going anywhere. I waited around for another 15 minutes and a nice muntjac buck showed up so I had him as well. I looked at my watch and it was 7.44 AM. 

I had beating at 9am so I had to get a riggle  on. Picked the fox, he was a big old dog fox. Gralloched the muntjac he was also a good size. Got home pick up the boy and the spaniel and back out the door again..

very enjoyable morning.

7216542E-65BD-4EBE-9F88-5223E3858B8E.jpeg

A5E9B9DE-0886-48E1-A99D-F8844D68D52F.jpeg