Porthmadog/North wales clay shooting?

Steveh2611

I would think the closest might be Dovey Valley https://goo.gl/maps/aieQ9Wi5etj near Machynlleth -- Then there is also Mid Wales of course. If you want to drive a bit further, make sure to visit Griffin Lloyd -- it's an amazing experience (see other posts about it in this very forum).

A bit further/north there is also Fauxdegla. Pretty modern setup there, in my experience a lot less friendly than Mid Wales. Dovey Valley you will need to call and book -- despite being 'local' we've visisted there several times but never managed to *shoot* there....

Griffin is a whole experience. You can turn up, but you will need a LOT of cartridge, lunch, a 4x4 (oh and it's a cash only ground) and a whole DAY to do the 25 stands. It's the most challenging english sporting ground I know. I think I'm 'pretty handy' with a shotgun, and I've been there many times, but there's that ONE clay there down a gully over a stream that I know I've never broken, once, and I've thrown boxes of carts at it :-)

The only close shoots to you are www.thebigshoot.co.uk & www.glasfryn.co.uk look them up, from you location Porthmadog they are 35 & 20 min respectively, with respect the shoot buze refers to are in mid wales not north wales so would mean a lot more travelling. By the way I live in this area.