Dogs Grrrr.

samboy

Hi all.

Was sitting eating my dinner when the door bell rings. I open the door and when i come back into the room my Whippet has ate my dinner. 

The Lurcher and Terrier never even got a look in. I know it was the Whippet because he was licking his lips.

I hope the mustard on the chicken burns his rear end on the way out.:lol:

We had a doberman once and that ****** would steal everything. So one day I put a load of chilli powder on my leftovers and pretended to leave the room to answer a phone or some such. Literally we walked past each other (him in, me out) and 2 mins later my plate was clean on my return. You know the greedy **** didn't to my knowledge batter a eye lid, just went to his bed. I felt so bad I put a bowl of milk down but he wasn't bothered in the slightest and continued to be a *** for the rest of his life. 

15 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi all.

Was sitting eating my dinner when the door bell rings. I open the door and when i come back into the room my Whippet has ate my dinner. 

The Lurcher and Terrier never even got a look in. I know it was the Whippet because he was licking his lips.

I hope the mustard on the chicken burns his rear end on the way out.

chicken & mustard ? :no:

I had two samoyed/collie crosses who would steal and eat anything that was in reach. They once took a bag of 24 bread rolls off the kitchen table and ate the lot,severe bloating and lots of vomit. The funniest was a big tin of quality street, somehow they chewed the tin open and ate every single sweet including wrappers, it was really easy to find their poos by torchlight for the next few days.

My chesapeake is a dustbin and has done pretty much all of the above at some point.

Probably the worst was when she got the whole skin and fat layer from a freshly boiled and rather salty Xmas ham.

The first we knew about it was when she came in, started trembling and then honked the lot up over the living rom carpet.

I have a lab who doesn't steal :D He sits next to where the food is and stares at you and stares a bit more. My daughter left her ham bagel on the table and went to school. He parked himself next to the table, sat there and stared at me as I came back from waving them off. I went upstairs to get dressed, came back down and he hadn't moved an inch but continued to stare. He knows he's going to get it so it's just a waiting game for him.

Once something is on the floor he considers it fair game which is ok by us.

Edited by Laird Lugton

Whippets considering what dainty, pretty little creatures they are will eat anything especially if it’s stolen! We’ve had a few over the years and they love a bit of thieving. There used to be a load up at the kennels. Beautiful show bred things....that could be seen dragging off manky bits of flesh the hounds didn’t want!

My old terrier has many claims to fame but one of his most spectacular is eating a whole 21lb turkey raw in one sitting. Not only that but he’d had to nip over to the neighbours to find it in their porch, get it off a table, take it out of two plastic bags and eat it without making a sound! The old ****** is pretty unkillable. He was never sick or anything just very full!

My mate had a lab that was just a total gannet, it ate it's hard plastic bed, then it scoffed a huge christmas cake, it was a messy affair for a few days following that, then came the day, when my mate's dad was in the kitchen, washing his face, after drying it, he put his hand on the worktop to grab his glasses and teeth, to put back in his gob, but they were gone, he looked down to the dog, which was happily munching away to it's hearts delight. He bent down, prized open the dogs maw, retrieved his dinner manglers, rubbed them on his vest and back into his cakehole. My mate just looked at his dad in disbelief. I still chuckle to myself when I see some false teeth.

A pal of mine stopped to chat with an angler pier fishing, Bob had his whippet on a leader,looked down just as the dog    finished polishing off the anglers ragworm, paper & vermiculite included,self & another took Back ;o; Woods cottage Caerlaverock for a week goose shooting, Returned from the Nith Hotel to find the two Labs,(mother & daughter) had found a tray of black pud& scoffed it ,Spectacular bowel movements followed.

I way away with work in London one year leaving my pregnant wife at home she had just started maternity leave so we didnt expect anything to start while I was away but as you can imagine she was quite pregnant at this point.

Now we had a whippet/ staff cross who due to having been a stray was a gannet and a bit of an escape artist. She stayed with my mum and dad at one point and hopped up onto the kitchen counter to scoff about 16 newly baked bread rolls which my mum blamed my dad for until they worked out why the dog wasnt moving about very fast. 

On this occasion though she outdid herself. When we were out she lived in the porch and after a couple of previous escape attempts where she worked out how to use the door handle I had put a plastic door knob on rather than a push handle thinking that would keep her in. However the little *** worked out that if she bit the handle and turned her head she could open the door that way.

While my wife was out she did this got out and ate approx 2 pounds of marzipan and about half a pound of icing sugar. Fortunately for the dog but unfortunately for the wife she then proceeded to projectile vomit most of this all over the lounge and hallway So I got a phone call from hhysterical heavily pregnant wife along the lines of "its all over the furniture and the TV" and could do nothing about it until I got back that evening.       

At this point the porch door knob was changed to a stainless steel one that stopped  future escape attempted except the one time again while I was away when my wife didnt push the door closed properly and she got out and ate the new daughters waste nappies out of the nappy bin!

I loved her to bit but by god what she a horrifying animal when it came to scavenging. 

5 hours ago, kernel gadaffi said:

My mate had a lab that was just a total gannet, it ate it's hard plastic bed, then it scoffed a huge christmas cake, it was a messy affair for a few days following that, then came the day, when my mate's dad was in the kitchen, washing his face, after drying it, he put his hand on the worktop to grab his glasses and teeth, to put back in his gob, but they were gone, he looked down to the dog, which was happily munching away to it's hearts delight. He bent down, prized open the dogs maw, retrieved his dinner manglers, rubbed them on his vest and back into his cakehole. My mate just looked at his dad in disbelief. I still chuckle to myself when I see some false teeth.

very funny story :lol:

My dog wouldnt dare take anything off the kitchen side or dinner table but one Christmas my brother made a christmas cake which my mum left it on a coffee table, long story short he ate all the icing and marzipan off the top and ate a good 1/3rd of the actual cake. We were expecting a very poorly dog but he was absolutely fine and even polished off the turkey leftovers later that night.

We had a black and white springer that learnt how to open the fridge door by scrabbling at the edge with its paws.  One large leg of lamb later we fitted a childproof catch on the side.

The same dog, on her first proper day in the field retrieved the first bird of her career, a long partridge runner.  She ate it in the back of the car on the way to the pub, when I opened the back door to change into my shoes the partridges feet were sticking out of the corner of her mouth.

We had a fantastic Jack Russel called Peggy, she visited serveral houses in our village everyday where she would normally enter via a cat flap and proceed to eat anything she could find, she even came home with a whole fruit loaf which was not a lot smaller than she was. This is the same dog that took the bus to the town about 10 miles away, that story made it into the papers.

I had just flat iced the Christmas cake one year and left it on the kitchen table to dry before finishing decorating it. We didn't have a dog then so it should have been fine. Came back from shopping to find hollows licked out of the icing down to the marzipan all over it. The all black cat we had at the time had white all round its mouth. She wasn't even sick after. 

Not food related but I had a jack Russell that used to if allowed crawl up and get under the covers while we were asleep.  That was fine till one night we heard screams from next door.  The little ****** had run of the garden via the cat flap and had dug under and  through the neighbours cat flap and got into bed with them.  Laugh I could have cried when shortly after they were hammering on the door to hand the dog back and moan about paw prints on thei white duvet....

Darwin our big grey tom cat visited the neighbours. The lady of the house had put 2 chicken breasts on a plate to defrost by an open window. She came back in the kitchen later to see Darwin disappearing out of the window with one of the now defrosted chicken breasts in his mouth. To add insult to injury he then sat on their shed roof to eat it. He redeemed himself later that year when they asked if he could remove a rat from their garage, which he promptly did.