New guns

Delwint

Well after only taking 5 weeks to process my Fac, yesterday was the first opportunity to get to the gun shop, ended up walking away with a pair of Tbolts in .22 and .17Hmr. Wife said as I was fitting bipods, I thought you were getting 1!!! ? good job she doesn’t know about the .223 slot ???

B92E9F03-9FFB-4FBC-B3EE-040957A593E7.jpeg

8ED2EB7E-6096-4D6B-B898-8A70F2794246.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Marccus said:

Cracking choice of guns. What scope and moderator did you opt for on the HMR?

I got a Hawke 2.5-10x56 and moderator is an Edgar bothers Scirocco

20 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Do you mind me asking about the thought process that lead to getting both .22 lr and .17hmr ? 

Thought process, nope there wasn’t one mate. Except that I shoot quite a lot of rabbits nearish to houses so the .22 is for there as it’s a lot quieter  and also it doesn’t destroy them like a hmr 

1 hour ago, Delwint said:

I got a Hawke 2.5-10x56 and moderator is an Edgar bothers Scirocco

Thought process, nope there wasn’t one mate. Except that I shoot quite a lot of rabbits nearish to houses so the .22 is for there as it’s a lot quieter  and also it doesn’t destroy them like a hmr 

As you don't eat the head the HMR is not destroying anything you eat, but l cannot agree more the HMR is for areas that you don't want to disturb the neighbors when out shooting.

Love my laminate .22. Its as accurate as my longer barreled CZ which is now my night vision gun. 1st thing I did was to mod the trigger though. If you ever decide to take it apart you will see that the spring sits on a piece of plastic and not flush with the base of the unit. Therefore it is not in contact with the adjusting screw.  A hot stanley  knife blade soon sorts it out.

I have two t bolts in the calibres that you have. Good choice mate, I like the stainless bling:). There is always a place for both hmr and lr but the hmr can be loud which is why I'm switching the Nv back to the 22 for use around footpaths and houses.

the trigger mod mentioned above is easy to do and well worth it, give me a shout if you want to know how to do it.

mine are both composit sporter s, does the laminated stock have a higher cheek Combe that the composit stock?

Sorry for the delay in replying I've been in the back end of nowhere all day. The stainless barrels certainly look nice and you'll not have to worry about corrosion, I will contact you about the trigger mod, with regards to the cheek comb they are very similar, with the laminated stock being only fractionally higher 

Edited by Delwint