Beretta Gel tek recoil pad

Big Al

Big Al they’re not very good, I took mine off my Beretta clay gun as the gel went hard as they tend to. Best thing about them was easy removal and refitting. 

The latest microcore pads are much better, if you can’t find one try estore beretta. 

15 minutes ago, figgy said:

Big Al they’re not very good, I took mine off my Beretta clay gun as the gel went hard as they tend to. Best thing about them was easy removal and refitting. 

The latest microcore pads are much better, if you can’t find one try estore beretta. 

Thanks for the honest opinion. 

I have a microcore pad on the gun at the minute and I'm surprised at how quickly it is showing wear. I had the gel tek before and found them much more robust - that was my thinking anyway.

I might be as well going for the normal black rubber one then!

Edited by Big Al
Spelling

From what I have seen with friends guns the Isis green pads are the ones to go for. Very good at soaking up recoil and you can colour the green to black, seem to wear quite well.

The pad Thai came on my Silver Pigeon IV a very nice wood butt plate. You can buy them to screw straight on in whatever length you need. Mine came on my gun and is a Bettinsolli one as they’re a bit cheaper and match Beretta stock screw holes and size just the little plugs locating lugs on the face of the pad had to be cut off as they must be the only difference. 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

From what I have seen with friends guns the Isis green pads are the ones to go for. Very good at soaking up recoil and you can colour the green to black, seem to wear quite well.

The pad Thai came on my Silver Pigeon IV a very nice wood butt plate. You can buy them to screw straight on in whatever length you need. Mine came on my gun and is a Bettinsolli one as they’re a bit cheaper and match Beretta stock screw holes and size just the little plugs locating lugs on the face of the pad had to be cut off as they must be the only difference. 

:good: