Coast to Coast

Richie10

Well I have got this for Christmas, wife has wrapped it up, only after me watching it about 4 times.

So it's seems in a different format to the rest, a bit here and there.  I can imagine it being very difficult trying to capture it all on film especially the action and the long waits.

The fenland parts for me were the most interesting, would have been good to give the viewer more of an idea of the immense size of the Wash. Great day on the Washes, what interested me was what socks where the chaps wearing standing in water all day, my feet usually feel like they are going to fall off.

As for the reloading area....wonderful.

Really enjoyed it overall although the Canada goose shooting was a bit out of place.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just watched this, didn't Think too much of it until the fenland bit, which was class, great area surrounded by fowl, and lads that can certainly shoot. Think the key to Chris green making top DVD is to concentrate more on the filming than the shooting himself... Can't believe fenland struggle for members!!! It's rammed with fowl

Unbelievable.... I'd give my right ******* for shooting like that on regular basis... Around our way you have to sell your soul to get into some of the clubs and the shooting is nothing like that. Members of that club are lucky fellas, best of luck to you.. I get what you say about having time shakin Stevens, days/weeks go by quickly

Like all clubs the local fowlers get the cream, if you live any distance away you cannot know when the conditions are right and the birds are there! Unless of course, you have a reliable local contact?.......Which doesn't often happen!

So its a "pin in a map" job, it isn't as simple as joining a good club....and expecting success will come automatically! It won't! For example........

A few seasons ago I drove alone, either in the afternoon/overnight to a well known, very productive marsh (which will remain anonymous!) six times for either morning flight/moon flight....a 300 mile plus round trip from my home.....occasionally saw/heard geese!.....but never fired a shot!

That's wildfowling! Lol!

Edited by panoma1

38 minutes ago, Smiler23 said:

Yeah, I get what your saying, you can't watch it like one on your doorstep. Is it just a lack of young lads not interested in the sport in areas that can't fill clubs??? Around here it's young keen lads that they don't want, 

It's the parochial clubs who hold the best marshes and selfishly keep the fowling to themselves, excluding outsiders that are killing wildfowling, if a youngster shows an interest in fowling, but constantly goes home empty handed because they can't get access to a good productive marsh, they will soon give it up! 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Like all clubs the local fowlers get the cream, if you live any distance away you cannot know when the conditions are right and the birds are there! Unless of course, you have a reliable local contact?.......Which doesn't often happen!

So its a "pin in a map" job, it isn't as simple as joining a good club....and expecting success will come automatically! It won't! For example........

A few seasons ago I drove alone, either in the afternoon/overnight to a well known, very productive marsh (which will remain anonymous!) six times for either morning flight/moon flight....a 300 mile plus round trip from my home.....occasionally saw/heard geese!.....but never fired a shot!

That's wildfowling! Lol!

I'm sorry but having to be local is not true.

I've never been local to any foreshore closest being 1hr 10-15 minutes away but always shot my fair share of intended species.

It's about learning the Marsh you shoot learning the habits of the Quarry you chase and believe it or not others that shoot the Marsh 

A good example a Marsh i was shooting when the tides pushed or left the Geese close to the Green you could bet everything you owned that a shooter with mates would stumble talking loudly and jump the Geese now i very quickly noted this also the reaction of the Geese many mornings through out the season i struggled under the weight of Geese whilst the crowds shot none.

Also it's about maximum effort eg if the weather is right with tides go no use saying I hope it's like this at the weekend and the Big one when given the chance take it and kill them.

As I've repeated again to PW members i know over the last few days Stop looking listening to Armchair Wildfowlers get out and find out for yourself inspite of many years successfully chasing Geese i enjoyed my Christmas Dinner/Day had a small amount of Drink so i could be where i love to be shooting Mud Slub and Sea Air and 5 Pink's now hang in the outside shed .

Guess where I'll be 01-01-2018 it won't be indoors suffering from to much Drink that's for sure :hmm:

10 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

I'm sorry but having to be local is not true.

I've never been local to any foreshore closest being 1hr 10-15 minutes away but always shot my fair share of intended species.

It's about learning the Marsh you shoot learning the habits of the Quarry you chase and believe it or not others that shoot the Marsh 

A good example a Marsh i was shooting when the tides pushed or left the Geese close to the Green you could bet everything you owned that a shooter with mates would stumble talking loudly and jump the Geese now i very quickly noted this also the reaction of the Geese many mornings through out the season i struggled under the weight of Geese whilst the crowds shot none.

Also it's about maximum effort eg if the weather is right with tides go no use saying I hope it's like this at the weekend and the Big one when given the chance take it and kill them.

As I've repeated again to PW members i know over the last few days Stop looking listening to Armchair Wildfowlers get out and find out for yourself inspite of many years successfully chasing Geese i enjoyed my Christmas Dinner/Day had a small amount of Drink so i could be where i love to be shooting Mud Slub and Sea Air and 5 Pink's now hang in the outside shed .

Guess where I'll be 01-01-2018 it won't be indoors suffering from to much Drink that's for sure 

what!!....1hr 10-15 minutes from Heacham where you live, in North Norfolk to the closest foreshore? Your only just up the road (about 12 miles) from Kings Lynn! And not much further from the FWA ground! If that's not local I don't know what is!.......That's leaving aside the closed shop marshes in your area too! Lol!......What's your usual mode of transport? A pushbike!........

As to putting in the time and effort, if you live over an hour and ten to fifteen minutes from your local marsh as you claim, have a full time job and a family it's unlikely you can visit often enough, for long enough to get to know your chosen marsh....well maybe you can, with local help and over many, many years! Whereas someone living local to the marsh can be there often and at the drop of a hat......even more so if your a member of the local bush telegraph!....the success you claim is almost certainly down to your ability to access the marsh regularly as a local, and as a result of this, if you have your eyes and ears open you learn the marsh and the ways of the fowl in various conditions.......

Despite your claimed success (which I have no reason to doubt) on local marshes......if you were dumped on a distant public marsh with no inside information, I dare say you would be about as successful as any other travelling wildfowler!

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

what!!....1hr 10-15 minutes from Heacham where you live, in North Norfolk to the closest foreshore? Your only just up the road (about 12 miles) from Kings Lynn! And not much further from the FWA ground! If that's not local I don't know what is!.......That's leaving aside the closed shop marshes in your area too! Lol!......What's your usual mode of transport? A pushbike!........

As to putting in the time and effort, if you live over an hour and ten to fifteen minutes from your local marsh as you claim, have a full time job and a family it's unlikely you can visit often enough, for long enough to get to know your chosen marsh....well maybe you can, with local help and over many, many years! Whereas someone living local to the marsh can be there often and at the drop of a hat......even more so if your a member of the local bush telegraph!....the success you claim is almost certainly down to your ability to access the marsh regularly as a local, and as a result of this, if you have your eyes and ears open you learn the marsh and the ways of the fowl in various conditions.......

Despite your claimed success (which I have no reason to doubt) on local marshes......if you were dumped on a distant public marsh with no inside information, I dare say you would be about as successful as any other travelling wildfowler!

I don't live at Heacham there is a very good valid reason as to why my home location is not public.

So to clarify i do live as I always have 1hr 10-15 minutes from the closest Foreshore.

If i can find the photos I'll put some up to also blow your last statement out the Water.

As a very very good renowned Famous Wildfowler told  me as a 11 year old  " Boy there are very few Wildfowlers but a hulva lot of wannabe's " also Edenman's is another true statement

Edited by 6.5x55SE

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Photos in Photo section I've not put on any from Norfolk or Wash for obvious reasons :good: