Footwear

5 hours ago, thepasty said:

Meindl Antarktis, 100% support, 100% waterproof, 100% warm (without fancy socks) and 100% comfortable all day every day.

They look lovely but are they expensive!

6 hours ago, Bear1cat said:

Yep, muck boots ?

Never seen before but they look alright. 

For work I've got a pair of muck boots for when it gets cold and wet, a pair of le Chameau for when its just wet and a pair of site dealer boots for when its dry. For shooting I use the muck boot or a pair of Irish setter something or others warm and water proof but now falling to bits or a pair of army surplus lowa cold weather boots again warn and dry and not as heavy as the others.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

There's quiet then there's dead - was thinking of starting an argument with some hapless soul just to liven things up . As for footwear - I wear my Chameau  wellies all thru the winter for about 4 miles a day - no problems with comfort or leaks so far and about 3 years old.

Ok bull head let’s have an argument ????

Also, I wanted the views of the airgun community rather than the rich, shotty wielding farmers.

1 hour ago, washerboy said:

Ok bull head let’s have an argument ????

Stand-by for post in a couple of days re: penetration and ballistic coefficients. I have more data and pics. 

Just so we can finish the year with some rage, lol.

ok I'll play, what do you find "penetrates" the mud more boots or wellies.

I'm personally wearing boots at the moment because I know where I'm going to be walking is wet/damp but if I was going somewhere unknown I would wear wellies.

and how is this for fun, I have a pair of water proof shoes cheap but do as they say but.... The grip on wet wood or stone is garbage so you'll have dry socks but might fall over ??? 

Aigles wether wet or not. I have a summer and winter pair  

I have more or less stopped using leather boots as i find my Aigles comfortable and low maintenance. Keeping leather suitably looked after to last seems vastly more labour intensive for no gain in my case. Even just nipping to tesco i tend to grab my wellies as they just slip on and go.