Rat poison

aga man

Can any of you pest controllers please recommend a commercially available rat poison that actually works. Or is it better to ask my farmer for a bit of his.

I normally prefer to trap and shoot rats but have come across a situation where these methods are out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by aga man

I use pest expert formula B . On the allotment 

get off eBay  item number. 301102456409 

it keeps killing them don’t see many live only dead ones where the poison got them .

just have to make sure the wild life can not get to eat it 

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Anything with Difenacoum, Bromadiolone or Brodicicoum (internal only).  There are others, but they tend to be more expensive, less commonly available and/or not required.  Trade names of products are irrelevant, check the contents, these ingredients are common and available at DIY stores, Garden Centres, etc etc.

USE PROPERLY, watch for resistance, never let the bait run out, use plenty, check REGULARLY. 

:good:

Thanks Dekers, I used Jaguar in the pink blocks as suggested by oldypigeonpopper. The effect was almost instant but I baited daily until no bait was being taken and touch wood 6 weeks on no sign/sound of rats. Just the slowly fading odour of the bodies now.

• 3 months later...
On 13/02/2018 at 17:08, aga man said:

Thanks Dekers, I used Jaguar in the pink blocks as suggested by oldypigeonpopper. The effect was almost instant but I baited daily until no bait was being taken and touch wood 6 weeks on no sign/sound of rats. Just the slowly fading odour of the bodies now.

hello, has much cleared out most of the rats in the grain dryer barn, those that hide in the air tunnels will soon be shifted when we give them a clean through with some drain rods and screw end:lol: