Fishery owner and farmer facing legal action on his no eastern Europeans policy

oldypigeonpopper

52 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

i would introduce a stop an search procedure on everyone leaving,anyone caught with even a single fish,police would be called and a charge of theft issued,that.ll solve it.

But would the polis bother to turn out? What would the fishery owner do if they didnt? Is this maybe why he has done what he's done?........No protection and/or help from the authorities to combat the criminality which could be affecting the viability of his business, would breed desperation! Resulting in vigilantism and taking the law into your own hands!

What would you do?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, thankyou for the replies so far, i think the fishery owner will have to change the sign at some point in the future and it may end up in the court for him to do but it will not detract from  how he has to stop people stealing fish, it is a well know fishery and i hope will continue to be,

13 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

would still do  same,,,companys have security on duty to combat theft with a stop an search policy,,so whats the difference here ?

There may well be problems with searching someone's person? I understand even NRA fishery bailiffs do not have the power to forcibly search person or property? This being the case, doing so may amount to assault?

19 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

i would introduce a stop an search procedure on everyone leaving,anyone caught with even a single fish,police would be called and a charge of theft issued,that.ll solve it.

Me too. This is the way forward. You can't stop a group of people just because some of them may have taken some fish. It's discriminatory, unfair and illegal.

18 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thankyou for the replies so far, i think the fishery owner will have to change the sign at some point in the future and it may end up in the court for him to do but it will not detract from  how he has to stop people stealing fish, it is a well know fishery and i hope will continue to be,

I hope he gets sued successfully. We don't need this behaviour, he need to learn a lesson. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Me too. This is the way forward. You can't stop a group of people just because some of them may have taken some fish. It's discriminatory, unfair and illegal.

I hope he gets sued successfully. We don't need this behaviour, he need to learn a lesson. 

The behaviour we DON'T need is Poles nicking fish stocks in the first place then there would be no need for a sign ! There were no signs when there were no Poles !

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Typical 'right on' PC attitude that has ruined this country......soft on criminals, hard on the victims of crime!

11 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

The notice has now been removed, according to the BBC news today.

hello, yes the owner has taken the sign down after threats against his family , but note he is now thinking to close the fishery, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I'm head bailiff and poaching officer for my angling club and out of every ten we catch eight are polish, iwas told to put sings up in polish to say private fishing or they would get of with it has they carnt read english just a loophole, one of the bailiffs at the Rochdale end was threatened with a large knife, carnt see the point in reporting it to the police there not interested

2 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

I'm head bailiff and poaching officer for my angling club and out of every ten we catch eight are polish, iwas told to put sings up in polish to say private fishing or they would get of with it has they carnt read english just a loophole, one of the bailiffs at the Rochdale end was threatened with a large knife, carnt see the point in reporting it to the police there not interested

Yep right up to the point one of us produces a Knife and threaten one of them then your faced with the arms unit and a team of police Dogs.

I keep banging this drum but     "We're 3rd rate citizens in our own country"

7 minutes ago, Snoozer said:

Yep right up to the point one of us produces a Knife and threaten one of them then your faced with the arms unit and a team of police Dogs.

I keep banging this drum but     "We're 3rd rate citizens in our own country"

two of our large ponds are a little out of the way, and the amount of times i have found camp fires or disposable barbecues with fish guts and heads just left it's just heartbreaking, just makes you wounded how mutch money we loes with poaching cormorants and gooesander

The fishery owner could make it private fishing for club members only. he could choose wisely who he has in his club. There is some water near me that i used to bailiff on, there were carp in there in excess of 40lb ! that's some moneys worth of fish and very hard to replace. 

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

The fishery owner could make it private fishing for club members only. he could choose wisely who he has in his club. There is some water near me that i used to bailiff on, there were carp in there in excess of 40lb ! that's some moneys worth of fish and very hard to replace. 

bang on Dough 40lb carp is a lot of money and takes a long time to get the size, there needs to be some sort of a stand some wear before it's to late

You should start from posting sign itself .

And as been written above- there was many other solutions,  ( not to mention that for typical brit every language  from central/eastern Europe is polish). I can understand that owner felt helpless but this sign is not going to work obviously.  What is going to happen next? His land so maybe  he'll grab a shotgun next time? It is not working that way. I cannot shoot thief stealing copper pipes from my garden ( happened many times). Puting a sign  on my gate " no scots an gipsies" will not help either. All I can do is call he police and await oucome. Same fishery owner. If police don't give a single   .....ck about it ,well......  There is lots of other ways which been mentioned above - cameras, private lcub/membership only  etc . This  sign is just pitiful. 

sign..jpg

19 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

police have all ready told me poaching isn't a priority, was told to speak to the wildlife officer who didn't have the foggiest just flogging a dead horse it will be to late when someone gets hurt 

Probably it is true. at least partially.  I'd like to see such a bravery in Luton or Bradford for example. I can imagine mr Evans attaching big sign on the wall of local mosque which says- no muslim pedo gangs, or something else about no-go zones, religion of peace and other "incidents' :lol:.  I know it is better to focus on easy target.

12 hours ago, davewh100 said:

I'm very sad to hear it ( read it) but all above shows clearly that bigger problem is with police efficiency/quality than with anything else. Even if it would be 10 out 10 Polish if they were properly punished after got caught problem  would be solved after some time. In this case  no sign will make any difference.

On 24/12/2017 at 22:24, Crumpler1991 said:

No difference to when trump banned muslims ,not all are terrorists , just like not all polish nick fish but banning them will reduce chances off fish being stolen

He didn't ban Muslims.  It was a restrictions on people from some countries.  Further to that the original list of countries was drawn up by the Obama administration.