Fishery owner and farmer facing legal action on his no eastern Europeans policy

oldypigeonpopper

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Trying to deflect away from the issue of a mans business being robbed, by saying 'we misbehave too'  is a pathetic  PC argument.

No. Topic isn't about poor  business owner being robbed. Topic is about man who placed abusive sign about some people, referring to some ethnic group. And apparently he did it unlawfully . Almost all 3 pages of this topic are  mostly about some PW users having b-hurt because some others said he broke the law .

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Honey Monster said:

No. Topic isn't about poor  business owner being robbed. Topic is about man who placed abusive sign about some people, referring to some ethnic group. And apparently he did it unlawfully . Almost all 3 pages of this topic are  mostly about some PW users having b-hurt because some others said he broke the law .

And again! Completely ignored the fact he's been robbed. 

More interested in the fact some nationality has been 'offended' do you want to stretch it and call it a hate crime too, are You offended? 

Last time I checked you could go to jail for robbery, not so much for an offensive sign, but hey, let's get the PC butthurt out the way first lol! 

On 27/12/2017 at 20:11, Honey Monster said:

You should start from posting sign itself .

And as been written above- there was many other solutions,  ( not to mention that for typical brit every language  from central/eastern Europe is polish). I can understand that owner felt helpless but this sign is not going to work obviously.  What is going to happen next? His land so maybe  he'll grab a shotgun next time? It is not working that way. I cannot shoot thief stealing copper pipes from my garden ( happened many times). Puting a sign  on my gate " no scots an gipsies" will not help either. All I can do is call he police and await oucome. Same fishery owner. If police don't give a single   .....ck about it ,well......  There is lots of other ways which been mentioned above - cameras, private lcub/membership only  etc . This  sign is just pitiful. 

sign..jpg

You think the farmer is wrong for making an assumption that it's only Polish and Eastern Bloc individuals are responsible for the stealing, but then think it's OK to make an assumption that all Brits think any Central/Eastern European accent is Polish. Your comments are just as offensive as the sign, the only difference is you have no reason for your comments but the farmer rightly or wrongly has a reason for the sign. If people take offence to his sign then don't use his establishment, it's that simple.

I don't see how anyone cannot feel sympathy for the farmer.

Edited by Newbie to this

57 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

You think the farmer is wrong for making an assumption that it's only Polish and Eastern Bloc individuals are responsible for the stealing, but then think it's OK to make an assumption that all Brits think any Central/Eastern European accent is Polish. Your comments are just as offensive as the sign, the only difference is you have no reason for your comments but the farmer rightly or wrongly has a reason for the sign. If people take offence to his sign then don't use his establishment, it's that simple.

On the nail Sir :good:

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

According to some on here, the man is a xenophobic racist, who deserves the full weight of the law throwing at him.
His arguments about being robbed by eastern Europeans are totally negated by the fact that he put a sign up saying they were not welcome anymore.
He is also car-ist , dog- ist and hates children, he eats kittens and his breath probably smells of sulphur, and his complexion has a reddish tinge.
I despair.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

According to some on here, the man is a xenophobic racist, who deserves the full weight of the law throwing at him.

That would be about right.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

You think the farmer is wrong for making an assumption that it's only Polish and Eastern Bloc individuals are responsible for the stealing, but then think it's OK to make an assumption that all Brits think any Central/Eastern European accent is Polish. Your comments are just as offensive as the sign, the only difference is you have no reason for your comments but the farmer rightly or wrongly has a reason for the sign. If people take offence to his sign then don't use his establishment, it's that simple. We don't want to see people barred because of their country of origin. The British values of fair play and the rule of law are what sets us apart (most of us) from the rabble.

Because it's both wrong and illegal. 

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

That would be about right.

Because it's both wrong and illegal. 

Ill ask you again, are Poles and eastern Europeans a different race ?
Or are we using racism as a catch all for any infringements of visitors to this countries sensibilities ?

So is robbery, but youre not interested in that because someone has made an 'offensive' sign, that singles out a minority, the holy grail of PC in this day and age.

4 hours ago, hambone said:

The sign should read 'VERY YOUNG OR THOSE WHO STEAL WITH PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED, ALL OTHERS MUST WALK' 

Personally I can't knock the guy for what he did, if there polish pinching his fish which they usually are (I was once a fish farmer and have a good idea on the character to pinch fish, along with helping the police for poaching not only deer but fish, once again polish) he should have a right to ban certain people. His land, his fish at the end of the day. If they wernt pinching in the first place it wouldn't be an issue so they kinda started it :lol: just my opinion that is and I don't want to start arguments but that's how it should be. 

All the loveys here are saying what he CAN'T do. Is there any suggestion of what he CAN do to protect his business? There's only so far you can bend over in the name of political correctness. It's all well and good pointing out this sign is "illegal" but so is theft. 

Would any of you really risk losing your livelihood just so you wouldn't offend any of the perpetually-offended? If so you are either bad businessmen or in la-la land. 

Edited by walshie

On 05/01/2018 at 17:44, Mice! said:

and still it rumbles on, does anyone know what the situation is now at the fishery?

Fished on plenty of places that are gated access or completely fenced in, clubs don't go to that expense just for fun.

hello, my last post on this was the owner was away due to threats and such like and he stated he was now thinking to close the fishery, i have not seen an update

18 minutes ago, walshie said:

All the loveys here are saying what he CAN'T do. Is there any suggestion of what he CAN do to protect his business? There's only so far you can bend over in the name of political correctness. It's all well and good pointing out this sign is "illegal" but so is theft. 

Would any of you really risk losing your livelihood just so you wouldn't offend any of the perpetually-offended? If so you are either bad businessmen or in la-la land. 

absolutely.

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, my last post on this was the owner was away due to threats and such like and he stated he was now thinking to close the fishery, i have not seen an update

Cheers Opp.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Walshie- many options. A few even been mentioned here. I think every single one would be way  better and more efficient than this sign. Members only club. Fence (if he had 
"visitor" after hours, I don't know), CCTV, hire somebody to keep eye ( it is not big fishery, 4 acres) . Just common sense, it is business like many others and with similar problems eg. typical corner shop in big city has very similar problems. And what they do? I never heard  about posting any signs. Probably because if they would do it and it would be their only " protecion" shop would be   out of business  very quickly. At the end owner will spend a lot of money ( court costs and possibly penalty) which could be used to get proper security. As far as I know sign was posted in 2009. So even if he will be out of business it will be not because he lost his super magic protecting sign, but more likely because of penalties/court costs and wounded pride.

18 minutes ago, Honey Monster said:

Walshie- many options. A few even been mentioned here. I think every single one would be way  better and more efficient than this sign. Members only club. Fence (if he had 
"visitor" after hours, I don't know), CCTV, hire somebody to keep eye ( it is not big fishery, 4 acres) . Just common sense, it is business like many others and with similar problems eg. typical corner shop in big city has very similar problems. And what they do? I never heard  about posting any signs. Probably because if they would do it and it would be their only " protecion" shop would be   out of business  very quickly. At the end owner will spend a lot of money ( court costs and possibly penalty) which could be used to get proper security. As far as I know sign was posted in 2009. So even if he will be out of business it will be not because he lost his super magic protecting sign, but more likely because of penalties/court costs and wounded pride.

All very expensive methods to stop known thieves from thieving.

Corner shops often have signs saying "no schoolchildren" or only 1 at a time. Is that illegal too as they are specifying who they don't want there?

Or is it OK as schoolkids aren't on the list of ever-offended victims like so many are these days. 

Edited by walshie

20 hours ago, Honey Monster said:

If thieves are known or caught it is simple. Civilised countries have something to solve such a situation.  It is called police. I can say nothing about corner shops. I never seen any signs on them.  

Ah yes, I think I remember them too  !

my god i,m glad i,m old,there are some members on here who are so far up their own rear ends in political correctness they cant even see the light of day,who would want to be born now in a country thats not our own any more,when you cant even protect your own property.