Fishery owner and farmer facing legal action on his no eastern Europeans policy

oldypigeonpopper

6 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

my god i,m glad i,m old,there are some members on here who are so far up their own rear ends in political correctness they cant even see the light of day,who would want to be born now in a country thats not our own any more,when you cant even protect your own property.

yeah i would agree with this 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe this thread is still running.

I'm 1 of the least pc folk u'll ever meet, but in this day and age putting a sign up like that was just stupid.

There is absolutely nothing to stop him banning anyone he wants, if they so happen to all be poles then that's just a coincidence.

The problem is making it official and public, I doubt any real fishermen object to the sign but the way things are now it was bound to upset someone on the web, where there seems to be a whole community just waiting to be offended by things and aren't happy unless they are offended.

To think banning a whole nation is not racist a bit niave to say the least. Like someone said earlier its the exact same as signs from the past no blacks/irish

40 minutes ago, scotslad said:

Can't believe this thread is still running.

I'm 1 of the least pc folk u'll ever meet, but in this day and age putting a sign up like that was just stupid.

There is absolutely nothing to stop him banning anyone he wants, if they so happen to all be poles then that's just a coincidence.

The problem is making it official and public, I doubt any real fishermen object to the sign but the way things are now it was bound to upset someone on the web, where there seems to be a whole community just waiting to be offended by things and aren't happy unless they are offended.

To think banning a whole nation is not racist a bit niave to say the least. Like someone said earlier its the exact same as signs from the past no blacks/irish

I agree the sign is stupid, however ,racist ?
Again, are Poles a different race ?
Thats the bit that grinds my gears, people far too eager to call someone a racist these days, the meaning has been lost.

On 15.01.2018 at 11:33, Rewulf said:

I agree the sign is stupid, however ,racist ?
Again, are Poles a different race ?
Thats the bit that grinds my gears, people far too eager to call someone a racist these days, the meaning has been lost.

I agee. It is not about different race but about different nation. But still  is offensive and discriminatory and apparently illegal. 

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

The UN definition is racist. Èither way it's discrimatory and offensive, to all but Neanderthal. 

The UN definition of what ? Use of nationalities in signage ?
Can you provide a source for that, or have you just invented it ?

On a side note YOU  have just been racist and xenophobic towards homo sapiens with Neanderthal genes, a hate crime if ever I saw one.

1 hour ago, Honey Monster said:

I agee. It is not about different race but about different nation. But still  is offensive and discriminatory and apparently illegal. 

No one is disputing its discriminatory and illegal, just shows the desperation some people will go to ,to protect their lively hood .

Ill give you that.. reluctantly. 
The fact the UN requires the broad brush of racism to paint every transgression, against just about anybody, only emphasizes how ineffectual they are, and always have been.
They make a lot of laws, do a lot of talking, and very little action, when it really matters.
So by UN definition, the rights of nationalities (in this case Polish and 'Eastern Europeans') have been infringed ie, the enjoyment, on an equal footing with other 'races', of using the fishing facilities.
So the owner has no rights to protect his business from theft, except by refusing entry to people he may believe to be  potential thieves, on an individual basis ?
Or does he have no rights at all to refuse entry to anybody, or fall foul of discriminatory laws?
No one is disputing the sign was illegal, and ill thought out, maybe it was a cry for help, publicity ?
If you think it was racist, then thats fair enough, but to be honest, keep using that word enough, and it will lose all of its true meaning, as in the UN 'law' above.
If you think the man is a hate filled xenophobe who deserves to be pelted with rotten veg ,before being hung in public to a baying crowd, then again, thats your prerogative. 
But I think youll find hes just an ordinary bloke at the end of his tether.

37 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The UN definition of what ? Use of nationalities in signage ?
Can you provide a source for that, or have you just invented it ?

On a side note YOU  have just been racist and xenophobic towards homo sapiens with Neanderthal genes, a hate crime if ever I saw one.

No one is disputing its discriminatory and illegal, just shows the desperation some people will go to ,to protect their lively hood .

So, where does this end? If I was disparaging to someone from Lincolnshire, i.e. all native folk from that county have webbed feet, would that also be racist? They are the same race as me, as would be a Pole.

A devil's advocate post.

4 minutes ago, Penelope said:

So, where does this end? If I was disparaging to someone from Lincolnshire, i.e. all native folk from that county have webbed feet, would that also be racist? They are the same race as me, as would be a Pole.

A devil's advocate post.

In a word yes, you would be discriminating or prejudicial toward the weird yellow bellied creatures !
The wording in the UN law, that no one pays any attention to, unless youre a full time racist hunter, covers all aspects, and no, they dont need to be a minority.
Its pathetic, makes a mockery of any common sensible law, and devalues any real laws that combat racism.
It makes 'criminals' of us all on a daily basis, and is used to divide people who dont really have a problem with each other anyway.
Have a look at last nights Newsnight on catch up, there are teams of people who have to proof read virtually every new mainstream publication, including fiction ,to make sure people dont get offended by it !
Madness.

Yep. He  was so desperate, so why not grab a shotgun and shot everyone he doesn't like? He was only defending his property, he was only desperate. And in return polish guys in shell suits should visited his home in the middle of the night instead going to court maybe?That should be ok, they were just desperate...... Yes, madness, indeed. Case is simple- one guy has  placed a sign. Other guy felt offended. Now court will judge. The end.  Btw  using a term "racist" everywhere and for everything is not the best imo but even equality act 2010 use this all the time for some reason .

1 hour ago, Honey Monster said:

Yep. He  was so desperate, so why not grab a shotgun and shot everyone he doesn't like? He was only defending his property, he was only desperate. And in return polish guys in shell suits should visited his home in the middle of the night instead going to court maybe?That should be ok, they were just desperate...... Yes, madness, indeed. Case is simple- one guy has  placed a sign. Other guy felt offended. Now court will judge. The end.  Btw  using a term "racist" everywhere and for everything is not the best imo but even equality act 2010 use this all the time for some reason .

Why do you keep going on about shooting people ?
No one has mentioned violence toward anyone in this thread except you.
Like you say, someone got offended by his sign, he took the sign down, so how many years prison or fines for him ?
Do you seriously believe the first time a fish got nicked , he thought 'I know lets ban the Poles' ?
Do you seriously believe the police would attend a man reporting a fish theft ?
Do you further believe that he didnt know his sign was illegal and offensive ?
Tell me what happens when you catch someone stealing your copper out your yard ?

Sorry to pick at open sores, but here goes.

Many years ago I was a member of another forum that had open attitudes to lurchers etc and there use on different animals, day or night, open fields or down below. They also had a fishing section, it too had some lively topics about how best to empty a lake with a net and pictures of the results. Even though their faces were pixelated/obscured and their grammar/spelling pretty shocking it was obviously "White British" who were doing this. Eventually the site had to clean itself up due to the wild west attitude and the pictures of lurchers n deer/terriers n stripeys etc that were appearing on hunt sab sites etc

Lets not use a broad generalisation on who are the bad guys and who are the good guys eh?

The owner was at his wits end, wanted to do something about it, made a wrong choice, has to suffer the consequences of his actions.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Supporters

I am delighted to inform you that my solicitors, Duncan Lewis, received written confirmation from Mr Evans of Field Farm Fisheries earlier today (Monday, 2 February) that the business has changed its policy and will not discriminate against anyone. This means that that everyone is equally entitled to fish regardless of their nationality or ethnicity, and we can now stop our legal proceedings. In accordance with my earlier commitments, I am arranging to distribute the monies left over from your generous donations to angling charities and I’ll issue a further statement soon confirming the charities who will receive the donations and the amounts. Thank you all so much for your support. I am pleased that we have been able to achieve this result. 

Thank you once again!

Rado Papiewski

You can't win or even say the truth.  Compare from the 2009 Oxford Mail article:

"Polish embassy spokesman Robert Szaniawski said: “This is clearly very racist and implies that we are some sort of uncivilised race that doesn’t know how to behave. By no means do Poles take or eat any more fish than the British.”

...to the quote I posted from the Polish inspired and run 'Building Bridges' project:

"...and the inclusion of certain former Eastern Bloc countries in the European Union, many people from those places have come to live or work in England. In countries such as Poland and Lithuania, angling is extremely popular – but the culture there revolves around fishing for the pot,"

Edited by yod dropper

3 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

You can't win or even say the truth.  Compare from the 2009 Oxford Mail article:

"Polish embassy spokesman Robert Szaniawski said: “This is clearly very racist and implies that we are some sort of uncivilised race that doesn’t know how to behave. By no means do Poles take or eat any more fish than the British.”

...to the quote I posted from the Polish inspired and run 'Building Bridges' project:

"...and the inclusion of certain former Eastern Bloc countries in the European Union, many people from those places have come to live or work in England. In countries such as Poland and Lithuania, angling is extremely popular – but the culture there revolves around fishing for the pot,"

Top post YD .

Why is it that every time the rivers and broads of Norfolk and Suffolk get raped of fish it's always Eastern Europeans. 

So  Robert Szaniawsk you can go and stick your finger where the sun doesn't shine.

hello, i have seen blatent taking of course fish from the thames by the bag full on a few occasions at abingdon and those people were not of english nationality, even a family filling up a tesco bag, of roach/dace/bleak so maybe the polish embassy man can come a look himself. it was a nice sunday afternoon, maybe their evening meal:rolleyes:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper