The Last Jedi

Smokersmith

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Watched it last Thursday. Adam Driver did not impress me in his first outing, but was excellent in this. It was clear there was to be another film to follow, but some genuine surprises.

My wife was unimpressed - I enjoyed it.

When I see him I think of Parker Schnabel from Gold Rush :D

I went with a couple of mates to see it on Monday and thought it was very good, We saw it in 3D and some of the affects were superb proper reach out and touch the dreadnaught moments.  The only thing that put a dampener on it for me was the silly bint behind me popping a wine bottle cork and spraying me with wine !

Edited by Wiggum

I'm watching it next summer, after I've bought the DVD from a car boot sale.  I like Star Wars but the magic has long gone for me due to the instant availability of everything involved. Many a night or Sunday afternoon was spent drawing and recreating the insides of the starships and space bases on paper or dropping into new libraries to source Star Wars books. These days you can find the ins and outs of a droids nought in minutes. The mystery has gone and all is explained instantly.       

Plus the fact that I'm nearly fifty doesn't help.

On 12/21/2017 at 09:23, Twistedsanity said:

Didn't Disney said.there wouldn't be anymore after this one? 

Doubt that, Disney paid over $4 Billion for Lucasfilm, they've so far produced 3 Star Wars (themed) films. Once the current trilogy comes to an end in 2019, expect the next one to kick-off straight after. It's one of the biggest cash cows in movie theatre history.

Last Jedi was epic, BTW. :yes:

On 21/12/2017 at 09:23, Twistedsanity said:

Didn't Disney said.there wouldn't be anymore after this one? 

No. Disney is finishing off the original 9-film story, so there is guaranteed to be 1 more Star Wars film yet to come...

They also said they will release several 'spin off' films - like Rogue One.