Getting back to it.

RJR1991

Hey all new here from south wales.so im looking at getting back into shooting ive owned firearms and shotguns also many air rifles.ill be getting my fac at a later point so for now im going back to air rifles.what im looking for is a very quiet set up reason being where i shoot there are some residential buildings so i want my rifle as quiet as possible.looking at getting a multi shot pcp with moderator.any ideas for the ultimate whisper quiet set up ? Thanks for your time.

Ryan

I use an Air Arms S410 with the AA moderator in a very public area and have not, to date, had anyone realise or comment on the noise. I believe that the HW moderator has a reputation for being deadly quiet but there will be someone along soon with more experience in this field than I. If you get chance to test a few guns against each other at a Dealers then don't forget that the gun needs to be fired with a pellet to get a true report - don't just dry fire and think that is how the gun sounds.

hello, there are always different views on best silencers, on the UK airgun forum only 3 were rated good, 1st hogan decimeater  2nd HW, 3rd MWSS,  i have a HW on my vermy 22 FX, PCP, i have just purchased a british made silencer to go on a Hatsan 900 springer, made very similar to HW spec for £25, as for make of PCP if i was going to get another it would be a bsa R10

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Buy an RM8 at your peril - it's flawed. Remove the magazine and put a pellet into one of the chambers - turn the mag over so that it faces you and push the pellet from the back towards you and see what happens - the rubber ring that is supposed to hold the pellet is so strong that it tips the pellet off centre as the skirt passes thru - the pellet is thus fed into the chamber at an angle. As the barrel on the RM8 has hardly any chamfer at the chamber throat the pellet gets caught by the edge of the barrel and gets damaged and/or hard to feed into the chamber. But don't take my word for it - try it before you buy one. p.s. they are also really heavy.

I hope you've got big hands, I looked at the Walther a few weeks ago, didn't pick it up as it was locked up, the way they have designed the for end to go around the buddy bottle made it seem huge, plenty of good stuff out there have a fondle of plenty and see what suits you.

And welcome.

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 05:36, RJR1991 said:

Hey all new here from south wales.so im looking at getting back into shooting ive owned firearms and shotguns also many air rifles.ill be getting my fac at a later point so for now im going back to air rifles.what im looking for is a very quiet set up reason being where i shoot there are some residential buildings so i want my rifle as quiet as possible.looking at getting a multi shot pcp with moderator.any ideas for the ultimate whisper quiet set up ? Thanks for your time.

Ryan

hello, welcome to PW, start with budget and calibre ? how many shots per charge, PCP pump or air tank, take note of brunos post RM8 :no: S410 :good: bsa r10:good: HWs good but heavy. FX ROYAL/WHISPER, my go to PCP is a FX VERMY in 22 for them fat RATS:lol: