Fac question

michufc

Hi to all I currently have got a cz.17hmr setup and I am looking to trade it in to swap it for another.17hmr setup with a shorter barrel and the gun shop said I can’t do it as I need to get it off my ticket first I am a bit confused as I would of sold it to them 

cheers mike

You need to do what's called a one for one variation. So you have to sell your current hmr. Then fill out a form 201v and post it together with your certificate to your firearms office requesting a one for one variation from a HMR to another HMR They will then remove your old hmr and give you a new slot for another HMR allowing you to buy a new one. 

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:19, toontastic said:

I'm no expert, but wouldn't it make more sense to allow rfd to be able to do a one for one swap of guns of the same calibre. 

This has been raised/discussed for years! 

I simply can't see the problem, and takes a little weight of the Firearms Licencing Departments!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it saves a lot of time and hassle. 

The Justice (Northern Ireland) Act 2011

For some time a system has been in place to allow “one off – one on” exchanges of shotguns in Northern Ireland. From 1st December 2011 the system was extended to other firearms. The exchange of rifles and pistols may only take place with registered firearms dealers (not between certificate holders) and firearms may only be exchanged for another of the “same calibre and type”.