Magnet Location

Gerry78

After 15 years of shooting pigeons over static decoys i finally decided to treat myself to a pigeon magnet [ im old school lol ] my question is after i set up hide and place decoys depending on the wind and flight lines were do you recommend setting up the magnet on the edge of the decoys or further away from the decoys any advice would be helpful forum ???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The art of pigeon shooting is to get under a flight line. For me mobility is therefore more important than kit. To carry large amounts of kit requires a quad bike or a 4X4 which will do more crop damage than the pigeon. Your farmer will be greatly relieved to see a pair of boots in preference to a set of tyres. I'd leave the 100kgs yomps to the SAS and unless you fancy two or three trips by 'Shanks's Pony"  with the additional prospective weight of a further 50 - 100 dead pigeons,  then I'd avoid too much stuff.

Remember, many shooters are OCD over kit and this obsession is targeted by suppliers of kit. One gun, cartridges, hide, seat  and a dozen decoys. Two days recognisance in ratio to one days shooting. Find the flight line and get under it.