8 year old crackshot!

youngratter

So on monday evening i took the eldest lad to the local gun shop and got him a baikal single .410 for the grand total of £75... absolute bargain!

IMG_20171218_201538_640.jpgSo each night this week ive taken him up the farm for a few shots which paid off!

Today we went out and first field a pheasant ran and as it was about to get up he shot it at 25yrds.

He was shaking with adrenaline!

20171223_144656.jpg

Then we headed into a wood where the dog insisted the was something up a tree, eventually i saw a squirrel in a fork, as i stooped down to show him where it was, off it went like the clappers so i stood up swung the hatsan through and down it came, as it hit the ground it wriggled and went to crawl off. Before i had chance to say anything the barrel of the baikal came up and bang! He sorted the squirrel instictivly! What a first outing for him and his new shotgun!!20171223_152050_002.jpg

Youngratter.

Edited by youngratter

Great to see youngster like your lad coming into the sport, its been a few years now, but I remember the first shotgun I had (410) and the excitement I felt shooting a my first rabbit with it (it was a sitter) he will more than likely have that gun when he’s 50 and tell his kids the stories of his first kills with it.

Hope you made him pluck that pheasant :yes:

1 minute ago, old'un said:

Great to see youngster like your lad coming into the sport, its been a few years now, but I remember the first shotgun I had (410) and the excitement I felt shooting a my first rabbit with it (it was a sitter) he will more than likely have that gun when he’s 50 and tell his kids the stories of his first kills with it.

Hope you made him pluck that pheasant

And pictures to go with the memories :yes:

10 minutes ago, Snoozer said:

And pictures to go with the memories :yes:

Yep, the only thing that worries me is the future for youngsters like him, with all the pressure shooting and gun ownership are under from the ban this/that brigade, but lets hope it continues for many years yet. :yes:

following on from this, me and george got out for an hour or so this afternoon, 

After a comment on another forum about trusting the dog, george wanted to take the pup out so he could start to trust what she was telling him. So we did.

I shot the squirrel and as it was clinging to the tree george quickly finished it off. He is in love with the .410.

As for the dog she retrieved all 3 kills and even flushed a pheasant out for us, george made the decision penny is now his gundog!!

Looks like ive lost a good dog 

20171224_140155.jpg20171224_133933.jpg

Youngratter.

Edited by youngratter