Brilliant / Dodgy gifts?

Lloyd90

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some crackers on here today, we had a family dinner which will most likely be my mums last, everyone had a really good day, kids got more than they know what to do with.

Lloyd the whiskey goes to a perm next year, Mel you got some belters.

one of my best gifts some monkey nuts and a fat ball bird feeder off my daughter bought from school with her own money.

Ww2 for my PS4 :) she knows me well. I work50-80 hours a week so enjoy the calm down after work for 30 minutes sometimes. Chocolate, socks, guy Martin book. Mum bought me a fire stick and years subscription. 

I don’t need or want anything  but love seeing the kids happy. My 8 year old told me he doesn’t like any of his presents :/ talk about upsetting me after £120 gone. He’s changed his mind a little bit but he’s hardwork . He asked me for them too .

47 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Ww2 for my PS4 :) she knows me well. I work50-80 hours a week so enjoy the calm down after work for 30 minutes sometimes. Chocolate, socks, guy Martin book. Mum bought me a fire stick and years subscription. 

I don’t need or want anything  but love seeing the kids happy. My 8 year old told me he doesn’t like any of his presents :/ talk about upsetting me after £120 gone. He’s changed his mind a little bit but he’s hardwork . He asked me for them too .

Kids for you mate, it’s not until your much older and developed you understand empathy and the much finer emotions and people’s feelings etc. 

Could always take all his presents away though, tough lesson to learn lol. 

48 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Kids for you mate, it’s not until your much older and developed you understand empathy and the much finer emotions and people’s feelings etc. 

Could always take all his presents away though, tough lesson to learn lol. 

I bought him a retro Nintendo and he moaned about me saying to have a go :/ .

my daughter loved her stuff at least :) 

Best gift - new cartridge bag from my brother (didn't have the heart to tell him I'd just bought one, though his is better) and a bottle of southern comfort.

Worst gift - shower gel (again)

Christmas is a kids time of year and I get more pleasure from watching my daughter open her gifts then get any myself

22 hours ago, marsh man said:

You have got a very generous wife flynny , I got the new Chris Greens wildfowling d v d which I was more than happy with , hope the rest of the day goes a lot better than you sounds .:yay:

Yes it was a great gift, but I've got an I pad!! She was fine about it ,( only muttered something about me being a grumpy **** lol)but she  wanted me to have a newer one???

ive told her to take it back and go and buy herself somert nice( that resolved the issue rather quickly lol)

all I need in life is shooting, whisky and my family lol,

im not one for buying stuff I don't NEED

ATVB

Flynny

2 hours ago, 39TDS said:

My grandson is into pirates and after spending fortunes I'd say his favourite present was a plastic pirates hook which probably cost about a pound.

He insisted on opening all the rest of his presents with it. :)

I love it when kids do things like this! It proves that it's the thought rather than the cost! I bought clothes mainly for my Son, some money to treat himself and a LED light that changed colour for his room! He has had the damn thing on auto change all night :lol:

when we were kids (when imagination was king) we emptied the boxes and pretended we were in sports cars, or even bobsleighs down the stairs! Until my brother collided with the wall and was knocked unconscious :lol: 

ah good times :good: 

glad the bairn loved their £1 plastic toy. Puts the ones who whinge about getting the wrong type of mobile phone to shame :yes: 

Edited by Lord Geordie

A very nice watch from my wife.

......... and some Donald Trump lavatory paper from my eldest grandchildren to great hilarity as I tore away the wrapping paper.

His face is printed in black and white on each sheet. (I believe that you have to colour it in yourself)

Best: vouchers for a outdoor store which combined with the same i received for my birthday in nov gives me enough for some new altberg boots.

Worst: christmas socks, i like new thick socks. but these are thin and santa themed. they will never be worn

On another note my kids got an obscene amount of presents, all from me and the missus and the inlaws. I suggested not buying to much as the grandparents go to far but she said no. I dont think so many gifts does them any good. my side of the family gave them money which i like as it is setting them up for the future, im pragmatic but the missus and her lot live in a dream world

7 hours ago, flynny said:

Yes it was a great gift, but I've got an I pad!! She was fine about it ,( only muttered something about me being a grumpy **** lol)but she  wanted me to have a newer one???

ive told her to take it back and go and buy herself somert nice( that resolved the issue rather quickly lol)

all I need in life is shooting, whisky and my family lol,

im not one for buying stuff I don't NEED

ATVB

Flynny

I'm glad it ended with a satisfactory outcome Flynny , at least the thought was there , although another year ,a few hints with shooting related items wont come amiss .

I like your needs in life , mine are nearly the same apart from the whisky ( I no longer drink alcohol ) , so that third can be split with shooting and family , although my wife say I spend more time shooting than I do with her , tell yer , women take some pleasing at times

I got some great bits 

Pair of shooting socks new musto buckden boots pair of hanwag gtx high boots some gin and a smile of my 5 week old baby girl could not be happier.

Not so good a bottle of whisky and a broken watch glass without knowing how it happened oh and a cold 

Regardless as to what you give or receiving I think Christmas is about family and friends and being together 

Happy Christmas all

I had the usual socks, lynx deodorant and shower gel and gift cards but I’d already told the wife not to get me anything as I’ve already treated myself to seeland Marsh trousers and jacket for game shooting. My old man got me some cartridges too so nothing bad really. I treated the wife to a super car track day where she gets to pick the venue and cars to drive. The kids had tons but my 6 yr old son spends more time playing with his sisters play kitchen ?, I do hope it’s not a sign of things to come !

Edited by Wiggum