Brilliant / Dodgy gifts?

Lloyd90

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a Jack Pyke shotgun shell flask and for some reason my wife bought me a smoker. Very generous but I haven't used the one I was given for my birthday yet!

We've all got stinking colds and hacking coughs and with it being the first Christmas without my late father in law, it wasn't terribly merry. Daughter (8) spoiled rotten but her favourite gift is a tin of silly putty stuff which probably cost about £2. Best bit was watching the dog open his presents although he got a bit excited and started on mine!

Wow. Christmas life revealed. These posts are great. Laughter. Sadness. Reality. Life lessons. Honesty. Yep, enjoyable reading. My missus, (well girlfriend for 8 years) got me some super new yoga clothing and PJs, and some real nice black jeans. One of my boys got me a tactical back pack with integral gun carrier and his girlfriend got me some polo shirts and a jumper, from Primart and they are great, very generous considering what they both earn. Cooked a real nice late Christmas lunch, just me, the good lady and her son. Spoke to all 3 of my son's on the phone, plus my sister and my old mum out of her care home for an hour or two; think she knew what was going on....it was nice to have a few words over the phone with her. Nobody knows how much longer her mind or body will be with us. Good dog walk on a clear brisk morning. The odd nice surprise text from friends. All in all, very pleasurable. Happy Christmas all.

10 hours ago, Wiggum said:

I had the usual socks, lynx deodorant and shower gel and gift cards but I’d already told the wife not to get me anything as I’ve already treated myself to seeland Marsh trousers and jacket for game shooting. My old man got me some cartridges too so nothing bad really. I treated the wife to a super car track day where she gets to pick the venue and cars to drive. The kids had tons but my 6 yr old son spends more time playing with his sisters play kitchen ?, I do hope it’s not a sign of things to come !

What, that he'll turn out to be a top notch chef and have his own restaurant one day....? :)

The good: My lovely wife renewed my sub to Rifle Shooter and got me a no. 7 Aussie bayonet dated 1942 to go with my 1942 Lithgow SMLE. My sister bought me a salt and pepper set shaped like shotgun cartridges.

The bad: she was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy the Friday before Xmas. Now a couple of months of wait to see how it mends itself. Has shown me (again) what a wonderful, strong woman she is.

All the best.

Mark

Edited by markyw

10 hours ago, Wiggum said:

I had the usual socks, lynx deodorant and shower gel and gift cards but I’d already told the wife not to get me anything as I’ve already treated myself to seeland Marsh trousers and jacket for game shooting. My old man got me some cartridges too so nothing bad really. I treated the wife to a super car track day where she gets to pick the venue and cars to drive. The kids had tons but my 6 yr old son spends more time playing with his sisters play kitchen ?, I do hope it’s not a sign of things to come !

or could be the next jamie Oliver :good:

One of these.

http://www.jtrmotiondecoys.com/

A 100+ cartridge bag, game carrier, Chris Green's wildfowling dvd, Schoffel cap with extended peak, Kobuk wading jacket, 'Geese' by Ed Miller, a joke duck call that actually works, jumper, woollen boot socks, a pair of Dents leather shooting mitts, High tea at a posh restaurant, 'Wild Chorus' by Peter Scott, Jack Pyke neck snood and the obligatory sweets.

Didn't he do well!

14 minutes ago, das said:

Bought myself a Browning Rochefort shooting coat and a torch, I usually buy myself Christmas gifts because if I leave it to the rest of the family
I'm likely to get something like a Teddy Bear and a book that I hate.

looks like you have been spoiling your self david, did the coat come from your favourite shop John norris

dave

On 12/26/2017 at 22:22, Wiggum said:

What wanting to be a chef :).

Edited by fse10

I received some gift vouchers off the wife, to spend at a well known RFD. She also paid for my NV laser rangefinder, plus I had some clothes, aftershave and 'boot' socks. Lovely presents off the grandchildren, daughter and stepdaughter too. Money off my parents, (but not to buy 'shooting stuff' said my mother) of course not Mam.:innocent:

And my present to myself, possibly a .22LR semi auto rifle.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I received some gift vouchers off the wife, to spend at a well known RFD. She also paid for my NV laser rangefinder, plus I had some clothes, aftershave and 'boot' socks. Lovely presents off the grandchildren, daughter and stepdaughter too. Money off my parents, (but not to buy 'shooting stuff' said my mother) of course not Mam.:innocent:

And my present to myself, possibly a .22LR semi auto rifle.

i hope you keep your promise to your mum steve :whistling:

sounds like you got some really nice presents there steve and maybe one more to follow :good:

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 07:27, getthegat said:

Wow. Christmas life revealed. These posts are great. Laughter. Sadness. Reality. Life lessons. Honesty. Yep, enjoyable reading. My missus, (well girlfriend for 8 years) got me some super new yoga clothing and PJs, and some real nice black jeans. One of my boys got me a tactical back pack with integral gun carrier and his girlfriend got me some polo shirts and a jumper, from Primart and they are great, very generous considering what they both earn. Cooked a real nice late Christmas lunch, just me, the good lady and her son. Spoke to all 3 of my son's on the phone, plus my sister and my old mum out of her care home for an hour or two; think she knew what was going on....it was nice to have a few words over the phone with her. Nobody knows how much longer her mind or body will be with us. Good dog walk on a clear brisk morning. The odd nice surprise text from friends. All in all, very pleasurable. Happy Christmas all.

What is 'yoga clothing' I thought that was done naked in a warm living room while trying to watch an instructional DVD. :lol: