Oxfordshire pigeon shooting

Hello all and merry Christmas

I’m not sure if this is the right forum if so please move to the right one 

I am after some pigeon shooting but don’t have the time to have a permission as I can not say I can get out 2x / 3 times a  week but a couple of morning/ afternoons a month  or the odd day here and there would be less in the pheasant season  and just like golf I’m a fair weather person  

so my question is is there a club / group/ syndicate that you can join  I’ve been looking on google and the main one that comes up is the Kent Wildfowling and conservation association which looks like and given the name is more about Wildfowling than pigeon shooting but something like that for pigeons would be ideal I can pick dates when I am free  

any help on this one would be great thanks 

simon 

Edited by Simonmealing001

Hi, this should be in 'shooting wanted' I expect one of those in charge will move it for you soon, 

Ask the wildfowlers if they have any pigeon shooting permission, which often comes along with the wildfowling land, I did and got back into pigeons, several years ago thanks to my wildfowling club and a couple of friends who took me out I began to build up a group of contacts, since then I have met some very good local landowners who see me out on their land after ducks and geese and as a consequence have given me permission to continue pigeons shooting throughout the year, Its a good way to show you are trustworthy  and willing to turn out in most weathers to keep the pigeons off the crops.

Another plus is the wildfowlers organise BASC membership which includes full insurance, with a small discount for being a group rather than an individual, :good::good:

4 hours ago, JDog said:

Lloydi on this forum has some very special pigeon shooting in the Cotswolds. He has never shared any of it with me but he might do with you.

Thank you jdog that might be the kind of thing I would be interested in being I don’t have enough time for my own permission  but every now and then to relax would be ideal