Jimny

team tractor

Everyone I’ve looked at has had rust on the mot . I didn’t know if it’s a simple thing to fix or a major. 

57 minutes ago, peeblesman said:

I'm selling a 12 plate  jimny  29k miles   excellent condition

How much is that ? 

I was looking around £2000 as I could find that shortly . 

51 minutes ago, Davyo said:

Had two and loved them.Dont look at anything to early,it will be a rust bucket.Depends on your budget as to what you get,5k up should get you a minter.Id have another tomorrow if I got back into shooting.

Only £3000 short lol

33 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Everyone I’ve looked at has had rust on the mot . I didn’t know if it’s a simple thing to fix or a major. 

How much is that ? 

I was looking around £2000 as I could find that shortly . 

Only £3000 short lol

A lot of people who have them as shooting buses do away with the rear seats.Cut out the rear floor pan and weld in 3mm steel plate topped off with 5mm ply.Some that are for sale have already had this done.If only 2k I'd just take your time looking and make sure you have a good old poke around.If the rust is not to excessive it'  an easy fix if done properly.Anthing excessive walk away. 2k might get you something else small like a Terrios.

3 minutes ago, Davyo said:

A lot of people who have them as shooting buses do away with the rear seats.Cut out the rear floor pan and weld in 3mm steel plate topped off with 5mm ply.Some that are for sale have already had this done.If only 2k I'd just take your time looking and make sure you have a good old poke around.If the rust is not to excessive it'  an easy fix if done properly.Anthing excessive walk away. 2k might get you something else small like a Terrios.

18 minutes ago, Davyo said:

Terrios any good then ? They’re cheaper I’ve noticed 

I’m after as basic as possible with a petrol engine. 

I’ve around £2000 shortly to spend. I want cheap tax as my mates pay £400ish in some of their cars. 

Im going to cover 2000 miles a year max , it’s just a shooting bus .

i thought jimny as it’s small to fit on my drive and the terrios is small too. I’m no mechanic so I want reliable. 

I have a daily workhorse 

I do about 3000 miles a year in my 1999 Jimny which had only had city use and never seen a salty road so as a result is solid underneath. Very rare at that age I know. When my one needs replacing I’ll buy another without hesitation. They are great off road and like what’s already been said,remove the back seats and it’s a perfect shooting truck. 

Any of the older jap vehicles will be the same, the quality of steel isn't great and rusts badly. Find a good one and have a prod and a poke under it and providing it's good get it bought. I paid 500 for one not long ago and up to now it' been great for the dogs and Ice/snow. Got up some iffy hills, on of which is very steep and had a few inches of sheet ice. And that's with her driving it! :lol:

8 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

My wife has one, 56, plate and corrosion on hers is a problem in the rear storage area. I have spoken to others who have had to have it plated. I have stopped trying to slow it and will just get it cut out and plated when it gets too bad

N

I'd do it asap while there is plenty of the clean stuff.Once done get the inside a nd out treated.Cut out the whole storage area (where the Jack and wheel brace goes) .When I bought my 2nd Jimny it was spotless,so I took it to a local place that cleaned (wire brushed)the underside and then undersealed it .Also did the wheel arches , only cost  £260 but had the car 2 & 1/2 days.

The above is 100% right, I work in a bodyshop, we are doing all these Nissan Navara chassis painting jobs as they are falling to bits, some of the ones that have been treated by scrupulous owners are like new under the coating! It’s pretty incredible to see! 

Of all the coatings we have used dinitrol 4941 seems to be the best!