Nearly a year in pics.Pic heavy.

sako751sg

Good year once again so too many pics as per usual.

Had a very productive buck season with a decent number of medals and a couple of firsts in Mac getting his first buck and me with the first Sika.

Wee bit of a stramash with the pics and in no particular order.

20170112_171452.jpg.3c0d3d7e525a1290ea1521956ed6643e.jpg

670pUTr.jpg

0nxfboI.jpg

NzC8KpY.jpg

YlJbOfZ.jpg

Anz4n5G.jpg

v90rREo.jpg

GuucnfG.jpg

GcQMLg9.jpg

xAIutdX.jpg

KPpGSIw.jpg

2FmQR9M.jpg

iK6xXwz.jpg

DKLbOGz.jpg

jXGH8XQ.jpg

PgjhI1Z.jpg

A9CQL25.jpg

SuaLBfM.jpg

AODW74b.jpg

SMVbzWm.jpg

MqcQcRy.jpg

xA02EAi.jpg

Edited by sako751sg

Think I have said before you are a lucky man to have such varied sport in some lovely countryside, the pictures tell the story perfectly, thanks for sharing,  but just a couple of things, all those rabbits  :no: and tell the lad to get some trouser on, he will catch a cold brrrrrr…..no, don’t tell me you only wear trouser when its -10 :lol:

Merry Christmas :xmas:  

A fascinating insight into your way of life in the slightly harsher environment North of the Border.Loved the snipe picture & the one of you shooting in your underpants was an eyeopener too! You obviously experience some pretty good duck flights from time to time...brilliant sport which we can't match in this part of the world.Thanks.

16 hours ago, aga man said:

Superb as always. Thanks for sharing.:good:

Thanks Aga.

16 hours ago, Ollieollie said:

Very nice, again. Thankyou

Cheers Ollie.

16 hours ago, Archie-fox said:

Nice few pics there Dave..Some great Bucks.. I’ve had a few for the freezer but no medals. 

Cheers Rich.

Finished on 32 bucks which is about average and rarely do the does but had 12 the week before Xmas with damage to the neaps due to the snow.

14 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

great pics as usual. that is one interesting head on the buck. the rabbits need a ferret behind them:) well done and thanks for posting

Thanks fella.

Its maybe a wee bit deceiving as its still got a bit velvet on the lower beams and coronets.Scored 125ish and kind or erred by taking him as he wasnt near as old as i thought.

Had a pic of him the year before in the same park and would say if he kept progressing he could have been very big in a year or two although obviously we will never know for sure.

Rabbits have had a year break due to the place getting sold but we are back on it so hopefully have a few gigs on it shortly.Numbers need to be seen to be believed and our only decent place for them now.

14 hours ago, Fuddster said:

excellent,excellent,excellent.

good to see you guys keeping busy. Yer lad is no longer a wee laddie anymore-been great to see him sprouting up over the last few years.

great pics and cheers for sharing.

excellent.

f.

Thanks fella.

For sure hes not the wee lad he was when i joined the forum and still look at the pics we have of him even further back when he started coming with me when he was 3.Hes done way more than i had at that age even though we started at the same age.

Edited by sako751sg

13 hours ago, old'un said:

Think I have said before you are a lucky man to have such varied sport in some lovely countryside, the pictures tell the story perfectly, thanks for sharing,  but just a couple of things, all those rabbits  :no: and tell the lad to get some trouser on, he will catch a cold brrrrrr…..no, don’t tell me you only wear trouser when its -10 :lol:

Merry Christmas :xmas:  

Thanks Oldun.

We have shot those rabbits for quite a few years but the place was sold early last year and the buyers are in Wales and rarely up so have never met.Put a card through the box for them and got a call so we will be back to thinning them out when we get round to meeting up.Seriously,what you see in the pics is nothing in the big picture and its about the last strong rabbit place we have left.Usually have 3-4 good evenings/nights a year and take roundabout 500 but with the cover its hard to get on top with our methods but it is good sport.The warren in the pic is maybe X5 what you see but another 4 or 5 warrens are on the farm too.

Secondly,that pond was frozen and Jake had managed to break through on the margins to pick most but one duck was stuck in the middle so Mac done the gallant thing and went out for it.Was only waist deep but  absolutely freezing so rather him than me.

13 hours ago, JDog said:

Good photos. Nice perruque in the last photo. 

Cheers JD.

Its actually just a normal head but still had a wee bit velvet on the lover beams and coronets.Every now and then i shoot one that i regret and this was this seasons.Too much potential and should have left.

47 minutes ago, pbutd said:

A fascinating insight into your way of life in the slightly harsher environment North of the Border.Loved the snipe picture & the one of you shooting in your underpants was an eyeopener too! You obviously experience some pretty good duck flights from time to time...brilliant sport which we can't match in this part of the world.Thanks.

Thanks fella.

Wee bit harsher but we hardly see a decent winter now.

Actually went to check the snipe in case it was frozen in as it didnt move at all but as we got close could see that bit was defrosted.Had a pretty hard spell about a fortnight ago and absolutely loads of snipe which was great to see.Also shot my first R & L at them which was a bonus.

The underpants was due to a duck coming down on the frozen pond and Jake couldnt get to it so Mac done the deed.Was baltic but dont like anything going to waste.Very lucky with the duck flights as have 5 permanent and 1-2 others depending on rain so always plenty of choice.If anything they are undershot but better that than overshot.

23 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Thanks Aga.

Cheers Ollie.

Cheers Rich.

Finished on 32 bucks which is about average and rarely do the does but had 12 the week before Xmas with damage to the neaps due to the snow.

Thanks fella.

Its maybe a wee bit deceiving as its still got a bit velvet on the lower beams and coronets.Scored 125ish and kind or erred by taking him as he wasnt near as old as i thought.

Had a pic of him the year before in the same park and would say if he kept progressing he could have been very big in a year or two although obviously we will never know for sure.

Rabbits have had a year break due to the place getting sold but we are back on it so hopefully have a few gigs on it shortly.Numbers need to be seen to be believed and our only decent place for them now.

Thanks fella.

For sure hes not the wee lad he was when i joined the forum and still look at the pics we have of him even further back when he started coming with me when he was 3.Hes done way more than i had at that age even though we started at the same age.

rabbit numbers seem to be the same all over now. with low numbers overall but some small pockets that have evaded disease hold good numbers . down here i have never seen numbers so low overall. covered thousands of acres this year and see more roe than rabbits which is not bad lol

i have took quite a few bucks this year without taking one that had a head worth mounting yet last year had some decent ones. must be down to what they are getting out of the larder. interesting how they can go back one year after showing potential the one before.

keep up the good work  

1 minute ago, bumpy22 said:

rabbit numbers seem to be the same all over now. with low numbers overall but some small pockets that have evaded disease hold good numbers . down here i have never seen numbers so low overall. covered thousands of acres this year and see more roe than rabbits which is not bad lol

i have took quite a few bucks this year without taking one that had a head worth mounting yet last year had some decent ones. must be down to what they are getting out of the larder. interesting how they can go back one year after showing potential the one before.

keep up the good work  

Definitely the same here with the rabbits.We used to have maybe half a dozen good places,not all outstanding,but somewhere you could go to and know you could get a solid 2/3 hours with the wee rifle and not put too much of a dent on them but are down to this great bit now.I pretty much wiped out one bit in an evening 2 years back when the lass asked me to shoot what i could where they were coming out and eating the barley edge.Only had 14 but that was enough to tip it and its lucky to see a couple now where for maybe 15 years we had any number to work with but it got bad myxy just prior to that which done the damage.

Very lucky here regarding our roe heads and the ground is rich enough to produce good ones.Would have shot over 40 medals through the years and where this one was taken the ratio of big heads is amazing although we dont take big numbers to they get time to grow.It also produce big heads but very light which wont medal but when you see them they should be so there is something there causing this too.Ill try and find a few pics if i can including the shot one,but the year before.

This is him the year before on October 29th in the same field.He had occupied this for 3 years and was very regular there.

I7l0e8S.jpg

48 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Definitely the same here with the rabbits.We used to have maybe half a dozen good places,not all outstanding,but somewhere you could go to and know you could get a solid 2/3 hours with the wee rifle and not put too much of a dent on them but are down to this great bit now.I pretty much wiped out one bit in an evening 2 years back when the lass asked me to shoot what i could where they were coming out and eating the barley edge.Only had 14 but that was enough to tip it and its lucky to see a couple now where for maybe 15 years we had any number to work with but it got bad myxy just prior to that which done the damage.

Very lucky here regarding our roe heads and the ground is rich enough to produce good ones.Would have shot over 40 medals through the years and where this one was taken the ratio of big heads is amazing although we dont take big numbers to they get time to grow.It also produce big heads but very light which wont medal but when you see them they should be so there is something there causing this too.Ill try and find a few pics if i can including the shot one,but the year before.

This is him the year before on October 29th in the same field.He had occupied this for 3 years and was very regular there.

I7l0e8S.jpg

cracking animal there and by the looks of him still a couple of years to his prime

did you shoot the buck with the lopsided head. now that was interesting injury? 

Edited by bumpy22

16 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

cracking animal there and by the looks of him still a couple of years to his prime

did you shoot the buck with the lopsided head. now that was interesting injury? 

Didnt shoot him and hes a bit "special",literally.

Only known him for sure for 2 years and i dont think hes the full shilling and have put it down to head trauma,possibly a vehicle collision.Very inquisitive and comes very close and can see him being a drive by for someone sometime unfortunately.Healthy enough though.

Dont think i would shoot him unless i had to although it would be interesting to see what the damage to the skull actually is,if any.

Lucky that a few places ive got that i can just leave them to mature if i want but numbers are very high even with the amount culled.

2 hours ago, sako751sg said:

Didnt shoot him and hes a bit "special",literally.

Only known him for sure for 2 years and i dont think hes the full shilling and have put it down to head trauma,possibly a vehicle collision.Very inquisitive and comes very close and can see him being a drive by for someone sometime unfortunately.Healthy enough though.

Dont think i would shoot him unless i had to although it would be interesting to see what the damage to the skull actually is,if any.

Lucky that a few places ive got that i can just leave them to mature if i want but numbers are very high even with the amount culled.

possible testicle damage from young be interesting to see the cause but bodyweight looks good. those heads always seem so much more interesting to me than some of the perfect symetrical medals. i must be a bit odd also lol. thanks again for posting