Idiot goes to jail

The Mighty Prawn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42483135

this makes my blood boil!

this woman took painkillers to her Egyptian boyfriend and has been sentenced to three years much to the chagrin of her family, friends and anyone else with an opinion for sale.

firstly, despite all of them painting her as an Angel the pills were Tramadol which is prescription only and she got them from a 'friend' - she must have known they were acquired illegally surely?

Secondly, if you are taking any medication overseas for someone else then common sense dictates you check what their rules are.

the story is being spun on every outlet as 'naive Brit falls foul of barbaric laws in third world hell hole' when actually she's an idiot who frankly we can get by without. We're quick enough to damn any foreigner who claims ignorance of our laws yet this waste of space is the cause of petitions and comments from MP's!

enjoy your time in prison and maybe have a think about the real reasons you ended up there

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

this woman took painkillers to her Egyptian boyfriend and has been sentenced to three years much to the chagrin of her family, friends and anyone else with an opinion for sale.

firstly, despite all of them painting her as an Angel the pills were Tramadol which is prescription only and she got them from a 'friend' - she must have known they were acquired illegally surely?

Secondly, if you are taking any medication overseas for someone else then common sense dictates you check what their rules are.

the story is being spun on every outlet as 'naive Brit falls foul of barbaric laws in third world hell hole' when actually she's an idiot who frankly we can get by without. We're quick enough to damn any foreigner who claims ignorance of our laws yet this waste of space is the cause of petitions and comments from MP's!

enjoy your time in prison and maybe have a think about the real reasons you ended up there

I have to agree, if you travel to a country like Egypt with a bag full of drugs,what do you expect to happen this is a country that still chops peoples hands off for minor offences.

But stupidity is not illegal, even in Egypt.

I watched as her sister defended her by saying she shouldn't have been imprisoned for doing a good turn for someone!

Unfortunately I fear the Foreign Office will waste lots of time attempting to bring her home when she should be doing the time.

29 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

We don't know the full story but this assessment has the ring of truth about it!

Tuff, 

Poke the fire you get your fingers  burned. Can't see the problem really, guilty as charged, when will these idiots realise the difference between right and wrong. With the www don't you think that stupid people would see what happens outside their own little world. But then they don't show this kind of thing on " made in chelsea"

According to the Economist of April 2015, Tramadol is the recreational drug of choice in Egypt! Amongst other recreational uses, it Increases sexual prowess apparantly? Can't think why this woman wanted to take them into Egypt for her Egyptian boyfriend? Lol!

Where and from whom did she obtain 150 strong opioid tablets, available only on prescription in the UK.........not for her own use but allegedly for someone in a foreign country......without a prescription?

Good luck trying to wriggle out of this one!...she'll need it!

If she had have got the pills through to her boyfriend, he would have to be on his guard as the pills would be worth a small fortune on the black market. He wouldn't want a thief to pinch his only pain relief then profit out of selling a controlled drug.

unless of course.....

sceptical Fuddster.

She got off lightly. None of the media ask the awkward questions - a friend gave them to her - do me a favour.

She has a friend who gives her 320 prescription only drugs, which she co-incidentally needs for her poorly boyfriend, who lives overseas.

Forget the fraud in this country - she just hops on a plane and hopes for the best. She gets caught, lightly sentenced and now the idiots are saying she won't survive three years. She confessed "accidentally" - as you do.

They should be grateful she didn't draw the death sentence.

6 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Just happens those tablets are a drug of choice by addicts ...  I wonder how much they would be worth on the streets?

Tramadol is a schedule 3 controlled substance prescription only medicine for moderate to severe pain. Cost the nhs pays is 50mg capsule immeadiate release approx £3 for 100 capsules non proprietary, branded tablets approx £10 per 100 Modified release. Other strengths, brands and packet size price increases but not significantly.  On the street these have a going value of anything from £3 to a fiver a tablet for substance misuse, addiction and dependence. Dose 400mg max in 24hrs, 8 x 50mg tablets daily. I prescribe at most a 5 day course then review.

atb

7diaw

Edited by 7daysinaweek

Just now, Dougy said:

No way, he'll get some other idiot to do the same. She's served her purpose, well nearly. 

I wasnt really suggesting he is a committed partner with eyes only for her, old as the hills the dumb bird with an arab fella who loves her story is.

Where has all the common sense gone? is she really that gullible 

9 hours ago, TriBsa said:

The minimum monthly wage for government workers in Egypt is about £50.

Hi TriBsa, when i lived there(6 yrs ago), i was under the impression that the AVERAGE wage was £30 month. Also in the time i lived there, i never once heard of Tramadol being used recreationally or for sale??

5 minutes ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Hi TriBsa, when i lived there(6 yrs ago), i was under the impression that the AVERAGE wage was £30 month. Also in the time i lived there, i never once heard of Tramadol being used recreationally or for sale??

Minimum wage for goverrnment employees was raised from 700 Egyptian Pounds to 1200 in 2014.