Beretta A302 manual

Jeep948

3 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

Sounds like scarecrow is right then as it sounds like to not jamming but failing to cycle fully (know as FTC) very different to a jam

I shall get it all stripped down again later, i will definitely give it a shot 1st beforehand to see if clearing those holes last night worked :)?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Me matt said:

Any luck with this? 

Morning, I didn't get back in time yesterday & it is one of my sons birthday's today so not sure if i will get a chance (Although its heavy snow here today so not sure if we will be going out).

I haven't stripped the spring in the stock yet as i haven't tested it to see if the holes having been cleaned out has solved the issue.

I will update the thread when i get it out and try it.

4 hours ago, Jeep948 said:

Morning, I didn't get back in time yesterday & it is one of my sons birthday's today so not sure if i will get a chance (Although its heavy snow here today so not sure if we will be going out).

I haven't stripped the spring in the stock yet as i haven't tested it to see if the holes having been cleaned out has solved the issue.

I will update the thread when i get it out and try it.

Well i am afraid that the gun is still not ejecting, i have done absolutely everything that has been advised in the thread so far, the spring in the stock is clean and free & i have cleaned it again as it was stripped.

Where i go next i do not know.

50 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

It's likely it's a trip to the smiths, Does the gun just not cycle or does it jam

Initially it was jamming, but as i have had it stripped & cleaned so many times now it does not Jam but it will still not cycle.

Edited by Jeep948

Hi as you have cleaned  all the parts and it still wont eject  have a look at the cartridge stop  its a small lug  where the cartridge hits when ejected back wards  it could be broken  also have a look at the cartridge extractor on the breach block   if you could post pics of the internals it would be help full

1 hour ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi as you have cleaned  all the parts and it still wont eject  have a look at the cartridge stop  its a small lug  where the cartridge hits when ejected back wards  it could be broken  also have a look at the cartridge extractor on the breach block   if you could post pics of the internals it would be help full

I have just taken some pictures, please let me know if these are suffice or if you would like more? Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KMtbBoVDXNVKH8413

6 hours ago, Jeep948 said:

Well i am afraid that the gun is still not ejecting, i have done absolutely everything that has been advised in the thread so far, the spring in the stock is clean and free & i have cleaned it again as it was stripped.

Where i go next i do not know.

That's a shame, do you know if it was working prior to your purchase? Who sold it to you? 

All looks ok from the pics (if a little oily they don't need much) can you load and fire one shot then take a pic f the loading port (if the cart fails to eject)

i had had ths with my 391, took a pic and showed it to my gunsmith and he said "cart carrier" (lifter) changed that was fine ever since .

the good thing about the 301/2/3 is that they are very simple and easy to fix and cheap to

Edited by sishyplops

11 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi the breach ejection claw looks ok from what i can see did you look at the cartridge stop its on the barrel 

It all looks OK to me as well(from what i can work out) I have added a file of pictures from there as well though.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DYTIov1GZzZaogfV2

1 hour ago, sishyplops said:

All looks ok from the pics (if a little oily they don't need much) can you load and fire one shot then take a pic f the loading port (if the cart fails to eject)

i had had ths with my 391, took a pic and showed it to my gunsmith and he said "cart carrier" (lifter) changed that was fine ever since .

the good thing about the 301/2/3 is that they are very simple and easy to fix and cheap to

Ok, I will take it out in a little while and once shot will take the picture, assuming that it fails to eject would the picture be of it still shut or after i have manually ejected the spent cartridge?

12 hours ago, Me matt said:

That's a shame, do you know if it was working prior to your purchase? Who sold it to you? 

The seller has been very good as i have informed him of the issues, he is actually coming down to look at the gun with me today in an attempt to work out what has went wrong, it was last working when he used it back in Spring time so he is at a loss as well. 

3 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi sorry the cartridge  stop is inside the breach block housing  when the breach block is pulled back fully look inside at the back and you should see the cartridge stop  ps if you put an empty shell or snap can in the gun then try pulling the block back quick does it eject it

If you pull it back manually it cycles fine, we had it all stripped again today and i have taken two videos which i am just in the process of uploading, i will post a link when it finishes.

3 hours ago, sishyplops said:

Are you saying it's still shut once you've fired it? If so my money would be on the recoil Spring 

I have taken two videos which are uploading at the moment(Slow connection), you can see after 1 of the shots has fired that the action goes back ever so slightly but not far enough to eject.

We had it all stripped again a few times and the action seemed as if it was catching slightly when pulled back manually, there was nothing obvious causing the resistance though, it did seem to get more resistance when the trigger was installed as opposed to not (we tried as many different options as possible to try and work out what was wrong).

The recoil spring moves freely, we stripped this again and tested it by pushing it back manually to see if there was any jams etc, but all seems good there.

I will post the link to the videos when they finally load.

9 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

You havnt put the gas valve in back to front have you, as it sounds like it's not getting gas through to push the bolt back and thus load the next she'll or leave the bolt open after one shot is fired, it's easily done!!

I Don't think so, both myself and the previous owner have stripped the gun today, I am assuming you are referring to part number 48 on the diagram further up in this thread?

That is gas related, its not enough gas feeding back, need to get close ups on firing, unfortunately the camera is 6' away and you hand cycle the  gun before we can see anything, get the camera close and fire then keep the camera close, so we can see what is going on, the 2nd vid is better, defo gas related in my opinion but may still be week recoil Spring 

Edited by sishyplops