Hunt trouble

ShootingEgg

As far as I’m aware it’s not illegal for the hounds to catch and kill a fox. 

Its only illegal to set out on a Hunt chasing a fox, if you start on a laid scent trail and a fox gets up and runs then it’s legal. 

Edited by figgy
Typo

1 hour ago, figgy said:

As far as I’m aware it’s it illegal for the hounds to catch and kill a fox. 

Its only illegal to set out on a Hunt chasing a fox, if you start on a laid scent trail and a fox gets up and runs then it’s legal. 

Is this what you meant?  I believe the sentence below is correct, which is what I think you meant to say.

Typo boys I meant to say it’s not illegal for hounds to catch and kill a fox, so long as they didn’t set out after a fox in the first place. It was in the papers years ago that even though fox hunting was banned it was a loophole. If the hunt set out on a scent trail and ride to the hounds and a fox gets up hounds give chase and it’s game on, this isn’t illegal as the Hunt didn’t set out after the fox.  Think that explains it . 

Im sure it was said that’s the reason the laws never been repealed as they can still ride to Hounds. The antis can’t complain as it’s illegal to set out after a fox so they got what they wanted and everyone gets something. 

The law at time can be an *** and I believe town folk should stay out of countryside matters. But in this case I think the law makers being made to do something got it just right whether by accident or not. 

Edited by figgy

46 minutes ago, ips said:

we have a hunt on land surrounding our syndicate shoot and it's great to hear the horns and see the hunt go past. Isn't there also something about one of them carrying a gun ??

The law in Scotland is different.

There they can use a pack to flush foxes to guns, but here one can only use a maximum of two dogs/hounds to flush.