Heseltine at it now.

redial

Perhaps we should get back to the basics of Government and Politics ?

MP's are elected by their constituents to serve the majority of those that voted for them in their constituency , not to self serve and feed out of the trough.

The Majority voted to leave the EU , we need to remember that the Labour Party used every dirty trick that they could think of to hoodwink niaive youngsters who had no idea of what was involved to waste their voting rights.

The sooner we exit the EU the better for Britain, we have wasted far too much cash allowing the likes of the Kinnocks and Farages to lead a luxurious lifestyle .

Leave the EU now at less cost than the EU are asking for , we have paid enough in already.

1 hour ago, Salopian said:

Perhaps we should get back to the basics of Government and Politics ?

MP's are elected by their constituents to serve the majority of those that voted for them in their constituency , not to self serve and feed out of the trough.

The Majority voted to leave the EU , we need to remember that the Labour Party used every dirty trick that they could think of to hoodwink niaive youngsters who had no idea of what was involved to waste their voting rights.

The sooner we exit the EU the better for Britain, we have wasted far too much cash allowing the likes of the Kinnocks and Farages to lead a luxurious lifestyle .

Leave the EU now at less cost than the EU are asking for , we have paid enough in already.

+1

Edited by JohnfromUK

41 minutes ago, countryman said:

I voted to leave and I would still vote to leave. The problem is we have no strong leadership, if labour got to run the show all of us who have worked and made something in life may as well leave the country.

I voted remain (though I was very much in two minds), but I'm happy to support the majority verdict and my support is now with 'leave' even though my original concern of not fully understanding what we get (trade deals, costs, court jurisdictions, immigration etc.) from leave remains.  Currently stated costs of leaving seem to me grossly high - and the 'go whistle' approach seemed better to me ........ I just hope if we are paying that much, we get cracking deals in other areas such as trade .........

I totally agree with you on labour.

I seriously believe that even if we had a 2nd referendum, the result would still be the same with possibly even a higher "leave" vote. Then they'd be crying for a best of 5.

We don't know what's on the other side, but it has to be better than this. 

13 hours ago, redial said:

I read that he would prefer a Labour government to brexit.

Some are doing their best to stop

the will of the people.

Self serving, a turncoat to his party, a traitor to his country! anti democratic when it suits his agenda!.......a nasty piece of work! Just about sums up my opinion of politicians in general and him in particular!

7 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He is very much an ardent remainer, is very old and doesn't care who he ****** off!

One has to wonder a bit about Heseltine and Ken Clarke. They've been making the same old argument, ******* most of us off in one way or another for the last 40 years, but the Torygraph and many others still refer to them as "grandees" even though they've been consistently on the wrong side of the country, history and public opinion. In what way are they grand?

I mean, kudos to them for sticking to their principles in the face of continual and determined opposition - I can admire that greatly, even though I disagree with them - but at some point, doesn't a man have to look in the mirror and say to himself "you know what - you've been doing this for four decades and persuaded nobody... perhaps it's time to take up golf, or at least join the Labour party?"

I mean, apart from anything else, it's basic politeness: you don't gatecrash a dinner party and then rise to give a speech criticising the quality of the food unless you have some sort of gold-plated brass neck, but I'm afraid that's always the impression that these two have given me.

Then again, if the Tory party is a broad enough church to accomodate some of the other ****wits who seem to be a part of it, it should have no problem retaining Heseltine and Clarke.

Edited by neutron619

They have no where else to go ,out of date out of touch and so theyre malicious and vindictive to their replacements in power .To quote a certain film "More machine now than man all bitter and twisted ".The sort of people who  toast your success with the drink youve bought them whilst rifleing through your draws to find anything to bring you down with the press and your boss.

Be nice if theyd just go and sit in a wing back chair in their "members" club and drool their days away quietly 

12 hours ago, Salopian said:

I think you should not be tarring Nigel Farage with the same brush as the Kinnocks and all those other self-serving ***** who ride the gravy train. Mr F was there to initiate an EU exit, I think?

1 hour ago, harkom said:

I think you should not be tarring Nigel Farage with the same brush as the Kinnocks and all those other self-serving ***** who ride the gravy train. Mr F was there to initiate an EU exit, I think?

Mr F has feathered his own nest a bit hasn’t he though.

From mid appropriation of fund for redeveloping part of his Old gaff to his statements on his entitlement to his MEP Pension.

Not exactly whiter than white if your prepared to read.

Loves the UK so much that isn’t he currently residing in France.

10 hours ago, walshie said:

I seriously believe that even if we had a 2nd referendum, the result would still be the same with possibly even a higher "leave" vote. Then they'd be crying for a best of 5.

We don't know what's on the other side, but it has to be better than this. 

Well said, agree entirely.

1 hour ago, harkom said:

AGREE  WELL SAID!