Falcon FN8 removing jammed pellet

remsie

Hi all

Anyone here know how to remove the bolt and pin assembly on a Falcon FN8 multishot. Accidentally recocked and pushed a second pellet part-way into the breach.

I could remove it using a long M3 or M4 screw if I knew how the take the cocking lever off and the loading pin. Can this be done without depressurizing the cylinder?

Thanks

Forgot to ask...is it possible to charge the cylinder with Nitrogen or is this not advisable? I just have a whole cylinder of it! Otherwise I will just stick to the diving bottle air

Many thanks

I have not tried as worried that the pointed pellet will act as a rivet on the waist of the one in front of it and jam it up even worse.

I looked on Air Arms website as I believe they bought out Falcon, but no support info at all on their website

Just worried if I force anything I will end up with more problems

No not really, using a jag on the end of the rod would very likely wedge between the pellet and the barrel. By removing the jag, and depending on the make of rod ( male or female thread) you will have either a flat or hollow end that will contact the stuck pellet.

You could always use something else but be mindful that, it won't break, get stuck or damage the barrel. 

In all the years I've used air rifles I'd never cleaned the barrels , not the inside anyway. 

Have you got them out then? My old fella once double loaded my rapid I just did what others are saying tapped it back out with cleaning rods, then gave the barrel a good clean in case there was a deposit where the pellets were stuck, then re leaded the barrel before checking zero again 

Haven't got them out yet but I think the offending pellet is closer to the entrance than I thought. I think the loading pin might have perforated it and because they are pointy pellets they have jammed against each other. I will take a look with a loupe. Might be a blessing in disguise as might be able to get a threaded screw in and pull it out. I think I can see the breach seal so pulling that out first will avoid damaging it

Would have been easier if I had a parts diagram so I can see how the gun is assembled. Can't find one anywhere

Remsie your over complicating thing's, B&Q and get a length of fibreglass rod or aluminium and tap it out.

But then folk will say why not just get a cleaning rod ???

And I would never used pointed pellets unless they have improved, field target shooters never use them mainly because there rubbish. I'm assuming it has something to do with this idea of penetration ???

I use .177 pointed pellets with my hw45 when I am shooting vermin as they bounce around inside rats. I check my kills and find that even when I get a rat in the chest it ends up coming out in abdomen or other unexpected place. I just happen to have a whole tin of .22 pointed pellets left over from bunny shooting and I will see if the same happens but with the Falcon I suspect they will go right through them. I understand what you are saying though in respect to pointed pellets not having as much affect as straightforward pellets when you have high power.Better a pellet that causes internal damage than just a clean hole which could heal.

I managed to clear my blockage... I noticed that I could see the offending pellet and that's when i realised it was not stuck but floating in the breach area. Luckily the pointed pellet was jamming in the skirt of the original one and prevented me pushing it any further. I used tweezers to remove the breach seal, gave the gun a couple of shakes and it was out. Happy days. I will be more careful in future. I am just used to my Weihrauch HW100 which will not allow another pellet to load until the previous one has been fired. It was a ****** to get the breach seal back in as it's so big compared to the port and you're working semi blind but managed it on second attempt. The factory must have had a cone and plunger to help compress it and insert into the breach.

Thanks to you all for your help and advice.

I will be sorting out my other guns in the new year  as have a couple of HW35's sitting around which have sat around for ages, so will need to make a decision to fix and keep or sell on.

Happy New Year to everyone

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I( had a Logun S16, They were famous for getting pellets stuck up the spout as you had to ram the bolt forwards hard to get the pellet from the mag in to the barrel, If you didn't, The nest push forward shoved anmother pellet in!, I had around an inch and three eighths wedged solid!!

NifW8nn.jpg

I made a sort of corkscrew out of a rod using a diamond needle file to cut the thread then wrapped a bit of electrical tape around and inch from the end to keep it central so as not to score the bore, It pulled them out in three goes as can be seen from the pic!

The removal tool..

cm3za8n.jpg

hdYdSSQ.jpg

Have to say, It worked better than I expected!!

John :)

• 4 weeks later...