OK, y'all have woken me up.......

Walker570

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New bid noted, thank you Old Farrier

Well, I was planning a mesquite handle, but on that bid I can probably find some antler and do the same as I did with the spider/footprints etc., if you win we will talk because that will be well before fitting the handle. It will certainly have some fancy pins.

The horns are from a Texas Mouflon I shot back in the eighties. I say Texas Mouflon because most of the look alike Mouflon out there are slightly cross bred. I was lucky to be able to hunt on 48 sq miles of wild country and all the animals on their were wild bred. The one in the photo is a big old ram from same location.

Of course, if you had some suitable material of your own I could maybe incorporate that, makes it that bit more personal.

2018-01-02 17.00.04 (450x800).jpg

Edited by Walker570

Nature Boy bid noted many thanks.

Very windy here today so the planned attack on barn pigeons with the air rifle went on the back burner. Managed to find a couple of hours to start and fit the bronze bolster.

In order for the file work to show all along the spine I slide the bolsters on from the bottom and they are fitted in a slot at the base. Got it just about right when a glass of scotch called:yes:.  Need to inlet about another 1/8th inch for it to go level.  The dark line down the inside edge is remains of marker pen NOT a gap:rolleyes:.

This one is pitched on a small black bear skull I shot in Newfoundland. 

2013-01-01 00.01.31 (800x600).jpg

Looking like a bidding battle of 2 ov us Suffolk boi's then Grandalf.

I'll go £200.00

Lost my much treasured Knife that was my granddads new years eve! Saving a red shank tangled in in fishing line on Walberswick/Dunwich marsh. Bird was fine but i ended up in the water. He was a hard fella even tho he got gassed on the Somme. So always support the legion.     NB

Oooops, just about to say "Thanks Grandalf"  and in pops Nature Boy again.

Logged that bid Nature Boy. I'm looking at my commitments for the next 10 days and I would think biding will close on Friday 12th  at 10pm, when I will be about to etch the blade and require initials whatever to include in that etch. I will put on a fine Damascus pattern and incorporate initials within this.  Will discuss the handle materials with whoever comes out on top.  Grandalf, as President of your local Legion, can I ask you to see the funds are forwarded to the correct recipient ?

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Grandalf, as President of your local Legion, can I ask you to see the funds are forwarded to the correct recipient ?

This I will do for you Walker as I also run the local Poppy Appeal so easy for me to do.   Receipts etc will be provided. 

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

jjjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkllllllllll

Now then - calibers.

I have a 22/250 but that's confusing (and expensive) so I will up it to £250. (If the engraving can be Royal British Legion then I reckon I can turn that into even more money for the Legion).

Be nicer if it went to a real shooting home though.