OK, y'all have woken me up.......

Walker570

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady on I can't keep up with you guys.

Last bid of £275 noted to Old Farrier.

This weather has caused me to abandon some work and shooting and the time has been well spent.  I hardened the blade this morning and re polished ..still needs a bit more. Then reground the actual cutting edge and polished that and it shaves the hairs off my arm before any serious sharpening. Bolster now fitted to where it will go once etching has taken place. Probably a week or so before the pins arrive from the USA.   I think the knife is going to look better with the original idea of a mesquite handle.  A stag handle needs to be fairly straight to avoid cutting into the heart and this handle will have quite a few contours.

Not much more I can do to it until we know who and what needs including in the etch, as that is the next move.

Edited by Walker570

29 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

Calibres owned or dreamt of I would say is legal for this cause.

Some guys are very rich but only own a 12 bore (or a pair of Holland and Hollands).   We wouldn't like to exclude them from the excitement.

Nice as it is to go by calibre, I don't think any serious bid would be overlooked and I am sure the RBL will be thrilled with Walkers wonderful initiative!

19 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Looking like a bidding battle of 2 ov us Suffolk boi's then Grandalf.

I'll go £200.00

Lost my much treasured Knife that was my granddads new years eve! Saving a red shank tangled in in fishing line on Walberswick/Dunwich marsh. Bird was fine but i ended up in the water. He was a hard fella even tho he got gassed on the Somme. So always support the legion.     NB

Just thought nature boy have tried going out with a metal detector or doing some magnet fishing?