Simply rude people!

eddoakley

1 minute ago, silver pigeon69 said:

It may be your responsibility, but it would be very easy for him to lie and make out that you were the aggressor and cause you problems with your FLO. Unfortunately nowadays the good samaritan seems to end up worse than the offender.

Thought about this possibility but 1 witness, a calm sensible voicemail from me and a rather more irate one from him, not to mention 20 cameras in my shop makes me pretty comfortable about who would be seen to be the aggressor.

Should I email the feo?

Edd

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard one! I think only you can make that decision as only you (and witness) know exactly how aggressive/abusive he was. Can you have a chat with the witness and decide between you? After all he may have to get involved. If you then decide that you should do something, i would not email the feo, as by doing so you are making it "Official" as such, i would have an "off the record", quiet word in his ear.

the man shouldn,t go off on one,an start rantin,,,,,i bought an o/u in september,week b4 xmas out on the pigeons,fired 2 shots at magpie n missed reloaded closed the gun and bottom barrel fired,me thinkin omg whats goin on,so reloaded closed gun an bottom barrel went off again,could av killed my dog.packed up an rang rfd bring it in he says,so its gone back to supplier for fixin,,,,damn dangerious gun,but i didnt rant on,no proper conversation with rfd,thats what its all about,good manners cost nothing.

2 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

the man shouldn,t go off on one,an start rantin,,,,,i bought an o/u in september,week b4 xmas out on the pigeons,fired 2 shots at magpie n missed reloaded closed the gun and bottom barrel fired,me thinkin omg whats goin on,so reloaded closed gun an bottom barrel went off again,could av killed my dog.packed up an rang rfd bring it in he says,so its gone back to supplier for fixin,,,,damn dangerious gun,but i didnt rant on,no proper conversation with rfd,thats what its all about,good manners cost nothing.

But if it comes back as nothing wrong???

6 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Lots of whiter than white members on here! The bloke has a bit of a rant and you all think he should lose his licence. Nice.

This (apart from relating it to here) was my initial feeling. But now with it having been suggested, how would I or anyone who knows about this feel if he was to get upset whist in possession of a gun?

He really wasn't aggressive.  I was not in any way intimidated and he was just rude and verbally abusive. Normally I would laugh it off but today it annoyed me.

I really don't think there is a need to involve the feo but when the seed is planted in your head.....

Edd

25 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

this is from 2008,i'm not sure if things have changed

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/29/cctv_convo_recording/

10years old register articles are the best source of info 

Closed-circuit television (CCTV) system operators would need exceptional justification for recording sound as well as video, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has warned.

transactions at counters in gun shops probably covered.......... in a the cereal aisle at Tesco maybe not, at a furniture warehouses probably not, in office corridors probably  not  in a public car park probably not but any transactional counter, bank, post office petrol station etc I would expect the justification to be there...........

Try here for info:

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/encryption/scenarios/audio-recordings/

4 minutes ago, HDAV said:

10years old register articles are the best source of info 

Closed-circuit television (CCTV) system operators would need exceptional justification for recording sound as well as video, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has warned.

transactions at counters in gun shops probably covered.......... in a the cereal aisle at Tesco maybe not, at a furniture warehouses probably not, in office corridors probably  not  in a public car park probably not but any transactional counter, bank, post office petrol station etc I would expect the justification to be there...........

Try here for info:

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/encryption/scenarios/audio-recordings/

"probably" may not be good enough,if cctv evidence was needed to be used for a court case and there was sound recordings included then the evidence may not be admissible in court,

like i said

1 hour ago, andrewluke said:

if sound was recorded then that maybe illegal!

3 hours ago, stumfelter said:

Lots of whiter than white members on here! The bloke has a bit of a rant and you all think he should lose his licence. Nice.

If you can’t control your temper and behave like an adult then you shouldn’t have a licence. 

Its nothing to do with being ‘whiter than white’. 

You think it’s acceptable to shout and threaten and swear at people when you don’t get your own way? 

3 hours ago, HDAV said:

But if it comes back as nothing wrong???

Then as a rational and law abiding person you should go through the proper legal process to challenge this if you think it’s wrong. 

Where is being abuse to the shop owner going to help? 

Sounds like the reasoning powers of a child at work. 

6 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

If you can’t control your temper and behave like an adult then you shouldn’t have a licence. 

Its nothing to do with being ‘whiter than white’. 

You think it’s acceptable to shout and threaten and swear at people when you don’t get your own way? 

Then as a rational and law abiding person you should go through the proper legal process to challenge this if you think it’s wrong. 

Where is being abuse to the shop owner going to help? 

Sounds like the reasoning powers of a child at work. 

Says Mr argumentative, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.....

22 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

One thing my gunsmith ALWAYS ALWAYS does is remind me to bring my certificate when we arrange by phone/email for me to leave/collect something needing a certificate. 

When the message was left with his wife 2 weeks ago she was told to remind him to bring his certificate and the receipt that he was given when he returned the gun. 

When he called to tell me he would be collecting last night I did not mention that he should bring anything, assuming that he would either know from the previous message or more importantly realise that he would ALWAYS need a certificate to collect any gun.

If not reminding him makes me a " (!^^#_##_ idiot" and a "£!&;×%^ disgrace" then I have a very differet view on the world than he does.

Edd

You're in the right, he's in the wrong. Invite him back to collect it with his SGC. When he comes in politely explain your position with regard to collection and  mention to him that if his behaviour is like that again then he's not welcome in your shop. Whether you mention the FEO or not is your call. You might get an apology for his previous poor attitude.

yes really even gun pointed to the ground shot could hit a stone an 28g of lead flying around your legs,been shooting 55 years and never had this fault before,rfd didnt hesitate to fone supplier ,they sent a courier to collect it,and when i get it back if it ever happens again,i will get my mate to video the reload sequence in case it goes off again.then there wont be any dispute,,and regards to op post,ive had quite a few light strikes in the 5 years ive owned a beretta outlander,but i wouldn,t go raving at the gunshop.