Cz455 .17hmr accuracy problems

the shooter

Thanks for your reply’s. The barrel is floating fine and nothing seems loose or out of place. Bit windy at the moment but will try some different ammo and take off the moderator. I have had a .17hmr mod blow a hole out the side before but this is a brand new one. 

Never had problems with a new rifle before, it’s getting a bit frustrating 

I had a 455, absolutely awful! Tried everything, scopes, mods both on and off, barrel floating, action screws tight, crown, cleaned to within an inch of its life, different ammo. It would throw shots all over the place. I gave it back to the retailer I bought it from. 

A few weeks later, I had my brain more in gear, and looked over some targets. The fliers were completely consistent, as were the slightly more grouped 3 shots. What I think it may well have been, was some bad machining and the bullet being damaged on being cycled. I didn't certain if the two fliers were the first or last two shots fired. But I think it was almost certainly happening during feeding. Maybe the first two that are under more spring pressure from the magazine.

Try cycling and ejecting rounds without firing, onto a carpet, and see if the bullets are damaged in anyway. I would try a few magazines worth and check all of them, one at a time.

I later bought a 452, which was as most people experience, a very accurate rifle. I got bored with the ammo issues though, split cases etc, so changed to a 223. Now that is consistent accuracy!

Let us know how you get on.

atb

T33