Buffalo River Cabinet Problems

lloydi73

20 hours ago, Dougy said:

Can you get inside and lock it to see where the problem is. 

Take your phone with you just in case.  

I tried this, but I got prodded somewhere a man should never be prodded ?

On 8 January 2018 at 12:22, daveboy said:

So this means the keypad and circuit board are working ok.....Does the pin move freely ?? can you take it off and put 6v through it ??

I would be tempted to spray some wd40 into the pin and leave it a day.

Pin moves freely, I took the lock mechanism apart and hooked the motor up to a battery but it didn't do anything..... So I'm going to say motor is dead

On 8 January 2018 at 14:12, Mungler said:

The only other problem I had with the internal carpeting / liner which would snag and wedge on the locking bolts - are the bolts all clear and move freely?

Yes all bolts move smoothly, and nothing looks like it's been catching 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry chapps, been off line.....basicaly contacted buffalo river agent, company called highland outdoors (or something like that), they said change batteries and try with brand new ones...did this and it worked about 4 times, then failed again,......now awaiting buffalo river engineer.....won't be buyng buffalo rive again nor technology, back to good old key and lock for me!! I'll le you know how I get on.....

I have the electronic 10 gun cabinet.  When I first purchased it and luckily just before fitting it to the wall I was testing it and one of the bolts became detached from the rod.  I landed up turning the safe upside down and bouncing it half a dozen times to get the locking bolt to drop out of the hole. Once I got it opened and stripped the cover off I noticed one of the nuts had come off so all nuts replaced by nylon locking nuts and rods, hinged areas etc greased.  No issues since in 4 years. 

As a matter of interest, why did you guy buy the 10 guns cabinet? I had a look a couple of years back, but I eventually installed 2 * 7 guns one, bolted together (and to the wall+floor) -- from what I had seen, the 10 guns ones where quite a bit bulkier (especially deeper) and for a little bit more 'volume' taken by the 2 cabinets, I got more space...

And yes, needs space, as Mrs Buze *also* has a gun habit ;-)

On 17/01/2018 at 17:19, buze said:

As a matter of interest, why did you guy buy the 10 guns cabinet? I had a look a couple of years back, but I eventually installed 2 * 7 guns one, bolted together (and to the wall+floor) -- from what I had seen, the 10 guns ones where quite a bit bulkier (especially deeper) and for a little bit more 'volume' taken by the 2 cabinets, I got more space...

And yes, needs space, as Mrs Buze *also* has a gun habit ;-)

this is what i did mutch better and all the space i need

• 4 weeks later...

Well, finally got around to taking back off cabinet, and yes, it’s the solenoid valve not activating all the time....attached picture....sometimes it drops with code, sometimes not....anyway and luckily my mate has an electronics company and he reckons he can sort 

326FDDA3-A505-4387-80F6-F59CA7781267.jpeg

19 hours ago, Mutiny said:

What happened with the buffalo river engineer, no use? Same fault as mine

Ha....Buffalo River Engineer.....this is what has finally turned me off Buffalo River and I’ll never buy another of their products!!

basically, once you’re out of warranty, your on your own!! Buffalo River have “NO” engineers nor repair service in the country what so ever, and will do nothing to help!! 

There is one, yes that’s right one, official distributor in the entire country who are more useless than tits on a bull!! The guy once told I had changed the batteries twice said “Well that’s it, nothing else I can advise” “oh, hang on a minute, I’ll sell you a new locking unit, but they’ve changed now, so you’ll have to drill a big hole in the front of the door to fit new kit” Er no thanks, think I’ll give that a miss!!