Butlins

mark a

10 hours ago, mark a said:

Hi all

im at butlins at Bognor and it’s rammed,I’ve been told there is 5000 ppl here for new year.

Any pigeon watch here  

Mark

Butlins.   Memories sweet Memories..    Pal of mine back in 1982 takes his family to Florida costs him then a small fortune. While lying on the pure white sands his kids say ...... We are going to Butlins aren't we Dad?

17 minutes ago, Lord Geordie said:

Nor can I matey! Finish at 8pm tonight and back up at 4:30 to walk to work, no buses on tomorrow! And also subject to breath tests as I drive machinery. Not worth taking the risk. 

I'm sure you will get other opportunities martin for a drink feel sorry for all the lads that have worked through xmas, iv had ten days of this time last year was on call outs,  all the best to you and Chris for the new year it all seems to be moving in the right direction for you well done

dave

1 hour ago, davewh100 said:

I'm sure you will get other opportunities martin for a drink feel sorry for all the lads that have worked through xmas, iv had ten days of this time last year was on call outs,  all the best to you and Chris for the new year it all seems to be moving in the right direction for you well done

dave

That I may! But there is a reason i have sloegin and the like from 2012 :lol::lol:  I tend not to drink so much! I enjoy a glass of wine now and then and the occasional ale once a month maybe. 

As things stand, my days off I have to support mum and dad so those days I can not drink either as I am required to drive. 

Its all fine though, it keeps me healthy I guess! But tonight will be a nightmare. I live in a terraced house and the neighbours will no doubt be celebrating "and so they should" but I will suffer with no sleep no doubt and a long shift tomorrow. Still I guess I can get them back with lots of loud noises on Tuesday as i vacuum every room taking care to go right up to the skirting boards with a bump! Then may accidentally test the smoke alarms a few times! :lol:

5 hours ago, Lord Geordie said:

Nor can I matey! Finish at 8pm tonight and back up at 4:30 to walk to work, no buses on tomorrow! And also subject to breath tests as I drive machinery. Not worth taking the risk. 

Ahh I’m in the same boat ?, well... kinda, I’m just stuck on a boat ?

On 30/12/2017 at 21:11, billytheghillie said:

Not me, Butlins for the riff raff, I'm of to Lanzarote shortly, for us toffs. 

I lived and worked in Lanzarote for 8 months a few years back as an instructor. 

Lovely island, good weather, nice genuine people who visit there, mostly good food (somewhat limited due to not growing anything) and the best of all ... FIT SCANDINAVIAN WOMEN! It was a great 8 months ??

Unlike us Brits, who wait until it’s out nicest time of year in summer to go on holiday, the Scandinavians go on holiday in Winter, when it’s horrible weather at home. Makes sense to me!