How many pigeons are shot by PW members 2018

plexer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, NYorks said:

251 over drilled beans next to the A1 in N Yorkshire yesterday = 560

It would be good to see a report of such a fine bag rather than tagging on to an unrelated post as you have done.

Edited by JDog

On 11/05/2018 at 18:01, JDog said:

It would be good to see a report of such a fine bag rather than tagging on to an unrelated post as you have done.

Best of luck Ken.

My apologies JDog - I thought it was related, that's why I tagged my comments/report to a different post. Would you say that the comment from kenholland above falls in the same 'unrelated post' category - it doesn't give a total therefore a purist would say that it's probably unrelated or wrongly placed?  Personally, I have no trouble with it - it shows positive engagement; but sadly there seem to be a few purists in these forums who have 'ownership rights' by dint of longevity.  Not interested in sniping, it's just immature and dull - I'll step away.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect that people are not posting in this section , but this total is way, way down on the totals of a decade ago. 6 months into the year and we would be well into the 10s of thousands. Are pigeon numbers on the decline nationally ( they have been for the last decade in my area ) or is it low reporting. My total for this year is 90 so thats 653 for year..

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:51, anser2 said:

I suspect that people are not posting in this section , but this total is way, way down on the totals of a decade ago. 6 months into the year and we would be well into the 10s of thousands. Are pigeon numbers on the decline nationally ( they have been for the last decade in my area ) or is it low reporting. My total for this year is 90 so thats 653 for year..

Hardly anyone posts in the section anymore. I think numbers are probably up nationally. My total so far would be 1000 plus.

You are doing well Motty. Over the last decade, my annual bags have dropped from an average of 3,000 a year to just a few hundred.  Nothing has changed on the 5,000 acres I shoot over , same crops and I am almost the only person shooting pigeons, but the birds are just no longer there in any quantity. On the rare days when there a few birds on the rape a couple of shots and the pigeons depart never to be seen again. Its been a little better last winter, perhaps because its been a bit colder than recent years.

Edited by anser2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Late to this post but in early July over laid barley 20 on one day and 12 a couple of days later in High Catton, East Yorkshire. Loads of birds about but getting on them was difficult. On the second outing I was under the flight line but they were intent on flying to the other end of the field, where I had moved from .Good sport though and Lola my lab earnt her keep on a very hot day, making some great retrieves.

As I packed up and made my way back to my previous spot near the car, there were a couple of hundred on and around a muck heap and leaving the barley alone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone bothered to add up PCs total for the year, which, as he probably averages 200 per weekend, shooting say for 46 weeks (allowing 6 weeks in Greece) must run to about 9200 !!!

What does it say in your diary  PC ?

Edited by Old Boggy

3 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Has anyone bothered to add up PCs total for the year, which, as he probably averages 200 per weekend, shooting say for 46 weeks (allowing 6 weeks in Greece) must run to about 9200 !!!

What does it say in your diary  PC ?

That is obviously down to the man himself to sort out. I would have thought his total is not as large as you think. Numbers wise, I think he has shot far less this year than normal.