webber

GREY SQUIRREL KILLS list your 2018 kills HERE

In one respect a very dissappointing day. I was expecting this nice warm weather to bring them out but having sat from 7am until 2pm and not seen a sign of a squirrel I moved to another location. Sat there a long time and was just about to give up when I saw a tree rat against a knocked over pheasant feeder at the far end of the ride..the ride is 200yrds !! Now or never I thought and it obliged by sitting face on to me chewing a grain of wheat or something. Hadn't a clue where to aim so put the cross hairs between it'a ears and squeezed one off. Flipped it right over on it's back, right on the nose.   190yrds and made my day.

My camera was on full telephoto     580

2013-03-27 03.56.46 (800x533).jpg

2013-03-27 03.57.16 (800x533) (2).jpg

Edited by Walker570

I'm just not seeing the numbers I saw/shot last year. My Forest Ranger (doubles as a wife) reports a sighting in our little wood, but that is the first since January.  Did we kill a lot of breeding stock last year ?

Same around me not seeing many about at all, until i went to a new place last week then there were plenty moving about, so probably numbers are down because of the weather and last years numbers.

Newbie to this forum albeit a long time lurker, 3 this year so far, 1 with bsa R10 mk1), 1 with a golf GTI and one with a .22 LR.

Edited by zebadee73
    update data