Sale of shotgun

Lloyd90

Right I’ve sold a shotgun to a mate of mine, I’ve filled out one of the lines in “Table 2 - shotguns transferred” with all the details of the gun - my name and address and shotgun licence number. 

Move got two ‘notification of transfer’ forms all fill in for each of us - one to inform my authority that I sold it and one to inform his authority he bought it. 

Now - do I need to write anything on my own licence to say I no longer own the gun? 

8 minutes ago, walshie said:

No. You don't ever write on your own ticket. :good:You don't need to inform his authority either. You can. but it's not a requirement. 

Thank you mate ??

I have a letter to inform my own authority and given him one for him to inform his authority. 

Will get it posted off later! 

6 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Thank you mate ??

I have a letter to inform my own authority and given him one for him to inform his authority. 

I'm not sure if your people are the same, but mine are quite happy to accept an email as long as you include all the particulars.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Thank you mate ??

Do they not let you do it by email? Ive always done it by email and you get an automated response so you have proof that you sent it! Makes life a bit easier imo

18 minutes ago, walshie said:

I'm not sure if your people are the same, but mine are quite happy to accept an email as long as you include all the particulars.

I also email, best way tbh as I always get auto reply confirming they have recieved it. I also have file on laptop of transfers/purchase notices and confirmations recieved from them- should there be any discrepancies down the line. 

I emailed my firearms department in May as I had purchased a gun,when my renewal came up in November the gun was not on their system as being owned by me ! Apparently that is how far they are behind in uploading to the national data base,or so I was told.Isn't technology great !

I always send an e-mail with the options for Delivery Status Notification & Return Receipt ticked in options tab.

Then i print a copy of the e-mail i sent and the one they send back as a delivery notification, Staple them together and pop em in my plastic Folder marked Guns.

I don't trust them to have the only record and i certainly don't trust our postal system :no:

Edited by Snoozer

1 hour ago, Snoozer said:

I always send an e-mail with the options for Delivery Status Notification & Return Receipt ticked in options tab.

Then i print a copy of the e-mail i sent and the one they send back as a delivery notification, Staple them together and pop em in my plastic Folder marked Guns.

I don't trust them to have the only record and i certainly don't trust our postal system

This 

This is the second time tonight I have written this, technology where it is not needed forget email go the old way make a copy of your forms to file away and post the originals using recorded delivery where someone has to sign for them it may seem expensive at the time but from past experience well worth the cost.

13 hours ago, The Heron said:

This is the second time tonight I have written this, technology where it is not needed forget email go the old way make a copy of your forms to file away and post the originals using recorded delivery where someone has to sign for them it may seem expensive at the time but from past experience well worth the cost.

It's 2018. The firearms teams have enabled email to make it quicker and easier for us and them. Why would you want to make it harder?