steve_b_wales

How many Rabbits are killed in 2018

2 with a .22 l/r CZ452 and a Redfield revenge scope .Last night =97.Lots of warrens still under water so only odd ones knocking about 

Well after a very nice evening meal l loaded the .22lr + nv into the car and headed out to see if the bunnies were out, it's been pretty wet of late but a scout around yesterday showed me where a few had been so l parked up assembled the nv and sat back to wait said bunnies.

And then the mist came down, followed moments later by lashing rain, followed instantly by one large Buck who showed his head and got his ears parted with a 42g Winchester.

Home by 9 to clean and oil the gun as nothing else was going to show tonight.

20 tonight with the 22lr/ nv and th hmr, good night and the misty rain provided some good conditions. the rabbits were very lively tonight but the grass is on its way up so only reckon another one or two trips are possible.

293  thanks to the HMR. Had a couple of misfires mind due to the pin not actually striking. Need a bit of TLC I think

Latest one was on my plate in about 20 minutes

Edited by spandit
    shot another one

5 last week , a couple with the hmr a couple with the  Lr . Grass pretty much too long now so no rabbiting until later in the year?

318 in total

Out at 5 this morning on the golf course and in 2 hours saw zilch, not a bunny in site, no droppings where l would normally see them, nothing showing at all.

Saw a dog walker at 06:30 and he said he had not seen any for weeks, and that the last ones he had seen had mixey.

Saw a lot of muntjack though so at least l know where there moving around, different gun with me tomorrow morning !

1 Yesterday afternoon, 7 This evening with hmr. Nice to be back on the dry fields.

= 329