Hw110 low on power

Scabbler

I had a 110 for 10months went back to hull twice in 3 weeks for low power down to 5ftlb came back after 2weeks shooting at 10ftlbs 3 days later down again to 6ftlbs back to hull again  away 3 weeks this time came back shooting at around 10.6 said they replaced hammer / grease/ regulator ?? etc, good gun when working , but lost confidence in it sold it and now got Hw100kt best gun they ever made ,

The HW110's story is a relentless tale of woe! mine's been back for four different things in 18 months. First it had to have a barrel change, then it was low on power, then the hammer spring went, then the trigger sears broke. It's a great gun if working! You're certainly not alone, although I think things MIGHT be getting a bit better these days.

• 2 weeks later...

My HW110 has been great , I keep checking it over the chrono , and its consistently around the 11.3ft/lbs mark with 8.4 AA Diablo's.

However, the other day , down at the woods I chrono'd a string of the same pellets, and it was down to 10.1 tops!!!!

'Ah poo',  the dreaded power problem, I thought  !  However I thought I would clean the barrel , just because I never had .

OMG!!!!! ,  the black gunge that came out on the patches was horrific. Re chrono'd  , oh yes  785 ft/p/s with alow of 780 and a high of 792.

But, I will now keep a closer eye on it just in case.  

• 2 months later...

I bought a 110 about a month ago. What a disappointment, all the hype I'd read and watched from the so called 'experts' on youtube.

This air rifle (mine is a .22) is nothing more than a bird scarer. I use mine to kill vermin such as Crows and Magpies, and it hits the bird and then it flies off!

It has very little power. I had a Weirauch 90 springer and that would knock them dead immediately. All this rubbish about it being made of polymer, blah blah blah. Take no notice

it's a **** bit of kit and do NOT buy one. I traded my springer in for it and I wished i hadn't. Now I'm going to have to go back and start an argument with the shop.

My shooting partner experienced exactly the same scenario with his HW100 a few years back - gun was superb for about 2 years then lost power so , trusting the importer, he paid over the top to have it serviced/repaired by them only to have it returned twice well down on power - he gave up and passed the gun on to his son to use in the garden, bought himself an AAS510 and has had no problems since. To be fair though, while the 100 was working it was amazing and I think a combination of a simple leak and incompetent hands at Hull did for it.

Well .buy the most reliable pcp .i know. 

The bsa ultra. Either an se  or the older mmc. 

I chronoed the bsa scorpion t10 i bought last night. Its so old it doesnt even have a serial number .my guess is its about  2007 so 10 years plus. .

It shot .11.6  , 11.6 , 11.55 .11.55 .11.53 .11.56 .

Spot on after all this time .as id expect. 

Buy the best ,buy british 

Bsa .airarms. Theoben .older webleys 

Ultras are very good but so is my  2 HW100k and HW110 after all three gone back the the same reason , underpowered 

What i have found with 110 , barrel  needs cleaning more often than most guns for some reason 

My 110 came back from HC running @ 11.5 , after tin of pellets it dropped down to 10 .8 ,clean the barrel back up to mid 11s again 

• 2 years later...

the 110 is a great gun - really easy to work on, so anyone with power issues should experiment with their BelVilles and hammer spring to find their 11.9 FPE sweet spot, you will need a chrony though as you can get this way over 12FPE easily, or just removing the transfer port restricter might be all you need to do.