Which digital caller ???

bang bang birdy

Well, you could get the all new singing and dancing FoxPro Shockwave at around £600. from bushware. Less import duty it's around £370. If you can get it from the States. Or you could go down to around £50 for the cheaper remote calls like a western rivers. Its all dependent on budget.

I'm tempted to give the Shockwave a go, if thats the case I'll be selling my Icotec :yes:

isotec G C 500 best on the market not the cheapest but cheaper than a fox pro had 2 of them and changed to the isotech far better IMHO you get what you pay for buy once and get it right will be cheaper in the long run..

:good:

Edited by hawkeye

Given that a fox may come running to the sound of polystyrene on glass or even the more ludicrous sounds that i make of the back of my hand then it's unlikely in my view that cash is the answer. I am sure there will be rare cases where better high quality sounds made a difference but from what i have seen volume (or mostly lack of it) and interest are key rather than the machine. I would be tempted to give one of the Chinese fox pro copies a try at £50 off the bay. 

Edited by oowee

I use a Icotec 350, works well esp this time of year with vixen calls. For animal distress calls you dont need loads of volume, as Charlie has some good ears on him, I notice they are a lot more interested if you dont over do it.

I typed up the list of what calls I have on mine and laminated them, just so I dont forget.

Also added the bolt on decoy thing AD400 I think its called, not certain it helps but I can imagine it would make a fox concentrate more on the movement

I think the Icotec 500 has the called listed on a digital display on the remote.

Mick

22 hours ago, powler said:

I use a Icotec 350, works well esp this time of year with vixen calls. For animal distress calls you dont need loads of volume, as Charlie has some good ears on him, I notice they are a lot more interested if you dont over do it.

I typed up the list of what calls I have on mine and laminated them, just so I dont forget.

Also added the bolt on decoy thing AD400 I think its called, not certain it helps but I can imagine it would make a fox concentrate more on the movement

I think the Icotec 500 has the called listed on a digital display on the remote.

Mick

Whenever I've used my Foxpro Spitfire, I always use a 'rockin' rabbit decoy next to it, and also some horse hoof liquid bait. That way, the fox should get sight, sound and smell.

Had 2 last night coming into a Western Rivers caller. The advantage of using an electronic caller is that you can get the Fox's out to where you can get a safe shot. Calling by hand and they will come towards you, which is not always good. Every ones permission is going to be different, what works for one may not work for another. 

Mate used to have a digital caller but I always considered it too repetitive. I preferred to use either a bit of polystyrene on the vehicle window, or better still sucking on the pads on the palm of my hand. 

I have no idea how the effectiveness of one over another could be gauged. After all, if the foxes aren’t there it doesn’t matter what you use. 

On 12/01/2018 at 09:27, JRDS said:

Just remember you have to carry it, not really a fan of Callers but when I do use one it is a Mini Colibri.

:good:

Assuming it's still on the card - I've had mine for years and there are various different cards - there's one particular distress call that I find absolutely devastating.

35 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Which one out of interest?  I just have the one card for mine with the Crow, Rabbit,  Vixen etc.

As we speak I cannot find the original card to determine if the "10/c" stamped on the one I'm on about is card specific. However, on the one I can't find the carrion crow call sounded like a flock going into roost, but on my current one this has changed to a single bird calling. The call I'm on about is No 7 - rabbit 1. Given some better light, I will find that card as IIRC that one did mention vixen whereas the current one is simply 6 different "fox" calls each with a different number.