Motorcycle discussion forum - recommendation

Ricko

Hi, I've just been given a CG125 that's a bit of a wreck, but boy do I have big ideas about building a street scrambler for me and the lad!

Can anyone recommend a motorcycle discussion forum?

I've not had a bike for nearly thirty years, and even then they were two stroke crossers, so I'm looking for a forum that can help with practical enquiries etc.

Cheers

Edited by Ricko
Spelling mistake

Be careful it's very addictive.

Im on with a puch project and it's quite involving.  It's all about planning and sourcing bits. Be cautious on forums because everyone thinks they are right.

Set a price limit and stick to it.

Google images and pintrest are good for ideas. 

Hope you enjoy it and it all goes well.

Im chasing torque and usable speed. Paint will be when I archive 50mph on the flat.

I just bought my self a nice new little toy for xmas a KTM Duke 390 i have had my licence years but just want something to play on and at the price KTM were knocking these out before xmas (pre reg still in crate 0 miles) it was a no brainer had to get 1 and it still had 0 miles on clock when i got it home ;-)

IMG_2072.JPG

Edited by oi69

23 hours ago, Dunkield said:

'Cafe racers bobbers brats trackers customs' on fb is OK for advice, but a lot of poop also gets posted on there

You can ask away on here too,a few people who have dabbled have been smoked out by the Puch thread ;) 

They have indeed, its a good old mixed bunch of all sorts on here :good:

21 hours ago, oi69 said:

I just bought my self a nice new little toy for xmas a KTM Duke 390 i have had my licence years but just want something to play on and at the price KTM were knocking these out before xmas (pre reg still in crate 0 miles) it was a no brainer had to get 1 and it still had 0 miles on clock when i got it home ;-)

IMG_2072.JPG

Very Nice but you need to junk that rear end quick smart :yes: a tail tidy me thinks :)

On 2/1/2018 at 22:14, Ricko said:

Thanks for all this, The Bike Shed looks like the sort of thing I was looking for.

I have too many projects on the go but it keeps me out of mischief (sort of)!

And if you are in town it is always worth a visit. Much as I detest the word 'cool' it really is.

6 hours ago, Dunkield said:

And if you are in town it is always worth a visit. Much as I detest the word 'cool' it really is.

Thanks for the heads up but I'm very rarely in London these days.

Started stripping it back a bit today, not worked on a bike for about 27 years but it never leaves you...