2Pink is a 900 fps. 25 cal 25 grn  jsb 

Red is a 900 fps .22 cal  16 grn jsb

Blue is a 900 fps .177 cal 8.4 grn  jsb

Green is a 780 fps .177 cal 8.4 grn jsb 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excalibre - now that's one sexy gun. Scrap the Daystate and just fondle the RWS. Long wait for Daystate is ,most likely, due to them having to source parts from wherever they can get them cheapest, plus the fact that ,by the time your gun is built, it's been superseded by another model (and £10 says that will be a limited edition). Put some pics up of the real gun here.....RWS.

This is the retained energy out to 50 yds for the above pellets. 

As you can see the fac .22 loses about 10 fpe  from 28 -18 over 50 yds .the sub 12 . (Same pellet ) loses only 3.5 fpe. And exceeds the fac .177 in energy past 60 yds. 

IMG_20180104_110104.jpg

If the end goal was to retain the most energy you can while being efficient with air usage .then a high bc pellet shot relativley slowly would be best so say a .25 cal jsb heavy shot around 20 fpe .

But slow and heavy leads to deep penetration of quarry .and depending on the kill zone .that can be either benificial or a hindrance. 

I have a Daystate Huntsman FAC .22 set at 30ftlb with Bisley magnums that is in a beautiful stock and in mint condition that I am planning to sell in the coming months. Its never missed a beat but my clay shooting is taking over and so I would like to free up the cash to invest in clay shooting. If its of interest to you please PM me for details !

ATB

Matt

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Excalibre - now that's one sexy gun. Scrap the Daystate and just fondle the RWS. Long wait for Daystate is ,most likely, due to them having to source parts from wherever they can get them cheapest, plus the fact that ,by the time your gun is built, it's been superseded by another model (and £10 says that will be a limited edition). Put some pics up of the real gun here.....RWS.

WP_20180104_14_05_14_Pro.jpg.37d1d4eea35a0e00fd224ddcdada5a06.jpgWP_20180104_14_04_44_Pro.jpg.b5e7692921d02c895af028f7125ac141.jpg

I'm led to believe there the same gun or similar? Number 181, not hard to see why people think that Rapids are ugly with woodwork like this. Just hope she performs once I've done the seals.

3 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

This is the retained energy out to 50 yds for the above pellets. 

As you can see the fac .22 loses about 10 fpe  from 28 -18 over 50 yds .the sub 12 . (Same pellet ) loses only 3.5 fpe. And exceeds the fac .177 in energy past 60 yds.

If the end goal was to retain the most energy you can while being efficient with air usage .then a high bc pellet shot relativley slowly would be best so say a .25 cal jsb heavy shot around 20 fpe .

But slow and heavy leads to deep penetration of quarry .and depending on the kill zone .that can be either benificial or a hindrance. 

What about performance in the wind? They cant be a scratch on the 'windproof' 22LR surely.

22 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Problem is that its not really in the £500 region is it ? 

As per the op s question .

Alright Ultrastu i’m a tad off topic. Do you ever add an opinion that wades off the subject a bit ? I think you do.

FAC air guns do not hold strong second hand value. They are often traded in a rediculously low values and often sit in the racks of gun dealers who want to shift them.

There are big bargains out there if you know how to barter.

25 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

Alright Ultrastu i’m a tad off topic. Do you ever add an opinion that wades off the subject a bit ? I think you do.

FAC air guns do not hold strong second hand value. They are often traded in a rediculously low values and often sit in the racks of gun dealers who want to shift them.

There are big bargains out there if you know how to barter.

Fair enough mate .sorry 

I wasn't trying to criticise  .

I have a £1000 plus wildcat. It's awesome. 

1 hour ago, Whitebridges said:

Why is it that it's only people that moan about Daystate? All the vermin i've shot with my .25 doing 45ft lbs haven't even flinched an inch.

days11.jpg

Realy nice rifles,i cant fault mine i have a x2 and regal xl in 40 ftlbs which are both deadly accurate they are both .22 realy nice stock you have on yours looks good.

9 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Excalibre is a nice rifle i wouldnt mind getting it tuned to fac power one day not sure what i could get it up to though, still like my daystates havnt had any problems yet apart from one breech seal on the x2 in 10 years and find them deadly accurate.

22 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Fair enough mate .sorry 

I wasn't trying to criticise  .

I have a £1000 plus wildcat. It's awesome. 

Is that the bullpuppy?  A picture would be nice?

I tried to communicate with FX and their dealers about the forth coming Crown. They didn't like me. In fact they were bloody rude and never even bothered to get back to me.

They seem focused on the American market.

So, i've binned them as an option. Roll on Daystate much better customer service!            

22 hours ago, oowee said:

I bought a one year old Airwolf .22 (40fpe) for just £500 from a dealer. Not a bad price I think. 

Totally a Billy Bargain. Well done you !